Part 10 - Complications

"It's Qi Xiaotian."

Wukong said so calm and sweetly, as if he'd missed saying his son's name. But to MK, he felt like he'd just hit a brick wall and within seconds of hearing his birth name, his chest started to go tight. His ears started to ringing, and he couldn't really focus on anything, so... he stood up. Abruptly putting an end to his train of thought and catching the Golden simian's attention.

"Bud?" Monkey King gave MK a worried look, "Something wrong? You look pale." 

He said as he approached the kid, going to place a hand on his forehead, but MK swatted it away gently and stumbled back.

"N-no. Everything's... fine. I just-" MK halted, staring at the simian before averting his gaze.

"I gotta go." 

MK grabbed his bag and ducked out of the house without giving his mentor a chance to stop him. And this left Wukong utterly confused. He wasn't exactly sure what made MK want to leave so suddenly, but now it felt cold and lonely without him around.

Once MK got back home, he was utterly exhausted, having not realised how much energy it took for him to actually get back to Megapolis. He went straight to Pigsy's and avoided going in the front door, as he just wanted to be left alone right now.

He ducked in through his window and carefully closed it and his bedroom door, before settling down on the bed. It was in that moment, MK felt like he was about to snap. He closed his eyes, trying to block out everything, but when the tears finally started rolling down his face, he couldn't stop himself from crying.

MK cried so much that he fell asleep from exhaustion. Pigsy and Tang didn't seem to notice that the teen was home as he was supposed to be at Monkey King's anyway, so they didn't bother to check his room, and didn't hear any of his sobbing either.

In some ways, MK was relieved no one bothered him yesterday or through the night. And when he finally woke up the next morning, MK felt a little better. Letting out all those emotions the previous day after learning who is actual parents were, was kinda necessary, but now...

He had to figure out what to do.

Monkey King and Macaque, were his real parents, and he mostly knows how he ended up as an orphan, but how in all Celestials, was he gonna explain that he was their missing son?! Maybe he should wait - no one else seems to have figured out who he really is - it's just him who knows, right...? 

He shakes his head and collapses back onto the bed, "Argh, what the heck?! Why is my life so complicated?!" 

MK waves his hands around, before dropping them back on the bed beside himself. Taking a deep breath, he decides to close his eyes and just focus on his breathing - Mei said that breathing really helps you relax and focus - which has been working a treat lately for MK.

Although, he didn't exactly intent to focus on breathing so much, with his eyes closed, to eventually fall back to sleep...

In the dream world...

MK found himself waking up on the ground. It was cold, dark, and he realised this was the same void or mindspace he was in last time he saw the strange creature. That immediately put him on edge, and he stumbles onto his feet, looking around frantically for any sign of that.. thing. When the coast seems clear, he relaxes a little and takes a deep breath to slow his heart rate.

He then shivers, noticing that the temperature seemed to drop slightly, before something odd grabbed his left leg. MK looked down instantly to catch sight of a shadow rope of some kind, firmly wrapped around his ankle and foot, holding him in place. He yanked a few times, trying to break free, before loosing his balance and falling on his back.