Part 8 - Harsh Truth

"Who threatened him?" MK asked.

Dreading the response, MK felt a little on edge. He didn't really wanna ask that question, but he was genuinely curious as to why the Monkey King had to leave behind someone that seemed quite special to him.

Wukong on the other hand, wasn't too pleased with MK's question. And although he didn't blame the kid, it was hard not to be upset. He clenched his fists by his sides, causing MK to tense up as the teen could feel the rage coming off the golden simian. Whatever the Monkey King was going to say, wasn't gonna be pleasant, so MK braced for the worst.

"It was... Macaque."

The response was so dry, and MK flinched,

"M-Macaque? As in... the Sixed-Eared Macaque?"

"Yeah. He was the one that practically forced me to leave the kid behind,"  Wukong stated.

Venom was clearly traced through the simian's voice, and although a little scared of the way Monkey King responded, MK was beyond shocked to even notice after what he'd heard. The teen didn't know what to say, and honestly, he didn't know what to think either. Sure, he'd only just met Macaque in the last few days, but the simian was so generous and kind to him. He even helped him train and sealed away his demonic form, so it was hard to imagine that Macaque was the one responsible for the Monkey King abandoning his child. 

"B-but... why?" MK stuttered, "How was Macaque the one behind it?"

That question came out a little more awkward then MK would have liked, and it was kind of obvious that he didn't want to believe Macaque was involved. And evidently, Wukong seemed to pick up on that - his gaze falling on the teen, giving him a dark look, and MK backed away, grabbing his arm innocently and looking down.

Seeing the kid's reaction, Wukong sighed, and averted his gaze, "Because... He didn't like the idea of having a child."

MK flicked his head up so fast he could have gotten whiplash. He raised an eyebrow and Wukong could feel the kid's confused gaze fall on him. The simian didn't make eye contact, and prepared himself for what he was about to say - he didn't like to relive his memories, but he didn't really have much choice now that MK was gonna be his successor. The kid had to know and be able to trust him, so...

He sighs, "Macaque didn't want to have a child, because he was worried about the consequences of trying to protect it. He knew enemies would come for him, and he knew they would use our son against us, so... Macaque... tried to kill him."

"WHAT?!!!" MK blurted out, not even realising how Monkey King cringed at his sudden increase in volume.

The teen felt like he was inside a movie right now, or being pranked by Mei, because everything that Monkey King had just said, didn't make any sense. He'd never heard anything about a child, or Macaque and Monkey King even being in a relationship to begin with?! The stories never said anything about either of those things, and he couldn't seem to process the new information.

Wukong looks over at the kid, and it looks like he's trying to understand everything the simian just said, but before Wukong could continue, the kid spoke up,

"Wait. You said... 'our son' right? So does that mean this child you had, was also Macaque's?"

MK heard a hiss from his idol, practically telling him he was correct.

"In a way... yes." Wukong started, but hesitated for a moment, before continuing. "Macaque and I... we both infused our powers into a stone fragment that was left behind from the stone I was born from. We used it to carve a little monkey together, but before the kid was born, we had an argument and that's when Macaque showed his true colours."