13. Goodnight, Imbibitor

"Stop moving already"

"It's not needed, you're being noisy and annoying"

"You're being childish then"

Blade sighed as he was trying not to lose patience towards the immortal, who was laying a piece of fabric inside a little bowl of water. The two were back to the room of the tavern, with Dan Heng who was insisting to take care of the wounds of the swordman, under his continuous annoyed noises.

"Do you really satisfy yourself by getting hurt?" Dan Heng tilted his head as he was leaning closer to Blade's face to wipe off some dirt and blood.

"I like making it interesting" he replied with a smile to then flinch as Dan Heng literally almost slapped his face with the fabric "You little... you did it on purpose?" he asked as he grabbed his wrist to stop him and Dan Heng tilted his head with a neutral stare.

"I was making it interesting" he said and Blade looked at him, who slowly smiled to then laugh at him.

"I am glad you're having fun" the swordman said ironically to then raise his eyebrow "Why aren't you using your mana?"

"Why? Do you want me to throw a waterfall like I did to Umi?" he asked and Blade smirked, thinking again about that amazing moment he saw the Great Sorcerer walking soaking wet, making funny sounds with his shoes.

"Dressed like that and making those sounds... he definitely looked more like a Great Clown then Mage" Blade smiled to then sigh "Maybe having that would be faster... Actually, whatever, it's enough" he tried to move Dan Heng's hand away, but the dragon kept it there by using force.

"I said no." Dan Heng kept himself stiff and Blade raised his eyebrow, keeping his stare on his blue eyes and slowly leaving the grab on the wrist of the immortal "You should actually also check your wounds on the arms and the chest. I see already your suit damaged... Your skin won't be..."

"Tomorrow I will force someone to repair... I think we will stay here for some days, then we will move. I don't think Talon and Umi will like if we stay here. You got some dragon hunters chasing you apparently"

"Dragon hunters?" Blade looked at him as he was more focus on cleaning his face than the conversation, and he seriously did wonder if he was just spacing out like usual or being clueless.

"Mage guilds.." Blade took the fabric off his hand and wiped aggressively his own face under the grumpy stare of Dan Heng "Focus, those mages are looking for you, so we can't really stay here for too long or we will bring trouble to the city, unless..." he crossed his arms "You join Umi's academy then he shall protect you" he said more like a tease.

Of course he knew the Dragon would have never gone back to Umi.

I mean, if he did, then Blade had no reason not to set the whole city on fire at that point.

Dan Heng looked at Blade, who was giving him his back as he was untying his leather forearms and leaving his tailcoat on a chair near the little fire of the room.

He flinched once he saw some blue drops around him. He turned and before saying anything he closed his eyes as he felt literally a little sprinkle of water straight to himself.

Blade kept his eyes closed for a moment as he felt the water drops going down his face, and partially his hair were also wet.

When he opened his eyes, he couldn't help but stare at Dan Heng laughing a little amused as around him a tiny version of his dragon was flying next to him.

Dan Heng noticed the swordman looking at him and coughed a little, trying to compose himself "You better stop mentioning or even thinking about that... Protection?... He sent those mages in my bedroom"