Ch.10

It was finally summertime. Calum, Ashton, Luke, Michael and I had all finished school. It was a relief to not have any more homework, be stressed about everything, I could just be with some of my favourite people.

The record store has had a time change and is now open from 1pm-12am. It's not a bother for us to stay up late. Also, Ashton, Luke and Michael all have jobs here too! We're all loving life and everyone is happy and such.

It was about 11:00 and I was dressed and had a place to go.

"Cal I'm just going to go on a walk. Ill be back before one." I said pecking his cheeks.

"Okay I'll see you later." He said. "Hey hey wait!"

"What?"

"I love you."

I smiled and blushed. "I love you too."

I walked out of the store and down to Joes grave. I missed him being here. I missed talking to him. I sat in front of it and just let the tears fall. I mean life has been pretty great, but I just really miss Joe.

-Calums POV-

It was 2pm and Sophie hasn't come home yet. I've sent her about ten texts and she hasn't answered any. What of something happened?

"Ash can you watch the store for a bit?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." He said as he stood behind the counter.

I grabbed my keys and drove around for a while. I couldn't find Sophie anywhere. Passing the graveyard I saw someone sat in front of a grave. Sophie.

I quickly parked my car and got out. I walked behind her and heard sobbing and saw tears falling. I sat down behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. Soph leaned back and cuddled into my chest still crying.

"I-I'm s-so s-sorry for not answering y-your texts." She sobbed holding onto my shirt.

"Shh Sophie it's okay." I said kissing the top of her head. "I was worried about you though."

"I-I'm sorry."

"It's alright." I said hugging her tightly. "We better go back to the store."

Sophie just nodded and I gave her my hand to stand up. Neither of us let go of each others hands the whole time. Sophies crying had stopped and her eyes we're just red now. Walking in she went right upstairs and a couple minutes later I heard a crash.

"Be right back." I said to Michael.

I ran up and a vase had been smashed to pieces.

"Sophie!" I called. "What are you doing?"

"My mother texted me and is coming to town with my father." She said.

Sophie hated her mother. She kicked Sophie out when she turned 16 and left nothing for her. She never kept contact and never said anything about her father. Even though he's coming too. Her father lived with them but he was more cooped away.

"Um when?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." She said running her hands through her hair.

"Well if anything bad happens I promise I will always protect you."

"Thank you. I love you." She said walking up to me and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Mhm I love you more." I said putting my hands on her waist.

We both kissed for a while and I think you know where that lead to.

-Sophies POV-

Today was the day. Today my parents were coming to town and to the store. I absolutely hated my parents and everything about them. When people were around she would make me sound like the best kid ever. They would always act like they love me. But truly they hated me. I had two boyfriends, one was Luke who they both hated, and the other was James. They loved James, because he was a perfect kid and was always nice to my parents, but not me. No matter what they say about Calum, I will protect him. He promised to protect me so I'll protect him.

A couple hours later and the boys went home and Calum and I cleaned up early. We set up the dining room all neat and with four chairs. Then the bell downstairs rang. I ran down while Calum stayed upstairs finishing dinner.

"Mom dad." I said.

"Sophie don't be rude we have another guest with us here." My mom said.

"Um who?"

"Hello Sophie." That guy. That is James.

"Isn't it good to see him again!" My mom exclaimed.

"No m-" i started but she cut me off.

"Well you must have dinner somewhere. Upstairs I assume?"

"Mom-"

"C'mon dear let's go." She said head in upstairs.

She walked upstairs and saw Calum cooking dinner she had a surprised look on her face.

"Sophie who is this boy?" She asked.

"I've been trying to tell you this is Calum. He's my boyfriend." I said grabbing his hand.

"Sophie may I talk to you?"

"Yeah sure."

I lead her over to the washing room and she started.

"What about James?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I said.

"I mean I thought you were still single!"

"Mom you haven't seen me in 3 damn years!"

"Yes but I don't think Calum is right for you!"

"Mom you can leave this house right now or you can actually stay and be nice for one night. You are not going to talk about Calum like that because I love him. You are not changing anything about my life."

"Sophie-"

"Mom are you staying?"

"Yes."

"Good now go."

As much as I hated to be and sound like that. All of those things had to be said. She can not say things like that to me.

We both walked out and it was absolutely silent. Calum was still cooking, my dad was staring at his fingers and James was watching as Calum cooked. My mom sat down while I went over to Calum.

"How's it going?" I whispered rubbing his back.

"It's alright." He said.

"So Calum." James asked. "Are you treating my girl right?"

"Get out." Calum said.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me get out."

"But I-"

"No. Leave. All of you. James you do not say things like that. She is my girlfriend not yours. I never want you near her. Got it?"

He nodded and they all left as fast as they could.

"I told you I would protect you." He said hugging me.

"Thank you. I was about to freak out at him." I said wrapping my arms around his waist.

"How about we get our best friends down here?"

"Yeah. That would be perfect."

And might I say, it was. Calum, Luke, Michael, Ashton and myself all had a lovely dinner. It was nice to be with everyone. These boys were better people then any of my friends or family. And I couldn't thank them enough for being in my life.

~

Woooo

Thank you all for over 100 reads now! This is I think the longest chapter I've written in this series. Any ways thanks for reading !!

-S