𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:❝︎Definitely Insane❞︎

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:
❝︎Definitely Insane❞︎

ELOISE WAS SHOCKED TO SAY THE LEAST. She wasn't ready for that question, she was hoping he'd been misleading her, that maybe this was a joke, but he wasn't laughing and quite frankly neither was she. She loved Tony Stark, she didn't have a doubt in her mind about that. Tony was the only man she would probably ever love and that thought alone made her come up with a decision. Maybe it was too sudden. Maybe she would be judged for it, but quite frankly Eloise didn't care. Tony was the love of her life, he'd been there for her when no one else was. When Theo was away dealing with a newborn baby and out of commission, Tony had been there by her side, making her laugh, helping her forget the missions she was sent out on every other week. It was hard being an agent of Nick Fury, having blood on your hands, but it was her job. She loved her job but it was hard to go about it alone and Tony had kept her company the whole time.

     "Yes."

     Tony tried to contain his surprise. If he was being completely honest with himself, he wasn't expecting her to say yes. The words had just slipped from his mouth without him even questioning it and he couldn't take it back because he simply didn't want to. He meant. He loved Eloise. He wanted her to be his other half, and although she already was, marriage would simply seal the deal forever. She said yes. To him. To Tony Stark, the billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. "Yes?" Tony stuttered out.

     Eloise smiled and nodded. "Yes. Did you want me to say no?"

     "No, of course not. I just wasn't prepared for you to say yes either," Tony admitted. "I don't have a ring. I have to get a ring."

     "Tony, I don't need a ring." Eloise smiled, shaking her head.

     "But you do. I have to show it off. Tell the whole world that Eloise Gardener has agreed to be Mrs. Tony Stark."

     "Oh, this is going to your head very quickly." Eloise said, amused.

     "Can you blame me?" Tony smiled. "The woman of my dreams just said yes to marrying me. You realize this means you'll have to deal with me for the rest of your life, right?"

     "Oh, I know." Eloise sighed, nodding. "It's gonna be a pain in the ass, but I wouldn't have it any other way."

     "Oh you're so down bad for me."

     "Honey, I think it's the other way around." Eloise whispered in his ear before smirking and walking away. Tony was quick to follow after her.

Later Eloise was sitting on the couch, watching the television. Tony had left to do who knows what and Eloise was taking this moment to enjoy a minute of peace. She had been through a lot in the past few weeks. Although she was in the safety of her home, the thought of HYDRA lurking around the corner, ready to take her once again made fear creep up inside of her. A sudden thought dawned on her, HYDRA had her parents work. She realized she had to get it back.

She sat up suddenly, turning off the television and running out of the home. She sped to the Avengers Compound, storming in and looking around. The first person her eyes caught were Liliya Petrova. The blonde assassin furrowed her eyebrows when she saw how frantic Eloise looked. The woman made her way over to Eloise almost immediately, looking at her in concern.

     Liliya placed a hand on Eloise's shoulder. "Eloise? Is everything alright?"

     Eloise shook her head. "No, everything is not alright."

     "What's going on?" Liliya asked.

     "I need you to find Natasha and Wanda, meet me in the conference room." Eloise didn't give any further information as she walked away from the blonde. She entered the conference room, pacing it anxiously. Liliya entered the room with Wanda and Natasha following in behind her. Wanda closed the door seeing as she was the last one to enter.

     Natasha's arms immediately crossed over her chest. "Eloise, what's going on?"

     Eloise didn't say anything for a moment. She looked at the three women in the room before sighing. "This is going to sound insane, but I need to get back into the HYDRA facility that captured me."

     "Definitely insane." Liliya muttered.

     Wanda shook her head, confused. "Why would you want to go back there?"

     "Because they have my parents work." Eloise answered her. "I have to get it back."

     "Let HYDRA figure it out, we're not letting you go back in there." Liliya said with a scoff, looking at her like she was insane.

     Eloise looked at Liliya in disbelief. "I can't just let them figure it out. For all we know there could be some dangerous chemical in there that could destroy the world and if HYDRA has it then they'll surely use it. HYDRA is cruel, Wanda you know this."

     Wanda looked uncomfortable. "Even so, that doesn't mean we walk right back in there."

     "If this is some kind of revenge plan, forget it." Natasha shook her head. "We're not doing this."

     "I brought you here to help me, but if you won't, I will do it myself, Natasha." Eloise sternly told her. "I will not throw away my parents work when they died to protect it. I have to get it back. It's safer in my hands than in theirs." She looked at them, her voice stern as she spoke. "Are you with me or am I doing this alone?"

     The three women exchanged looks with each other, having a silent conversation with their eyes. Natasha turned to look at Liliya and Liliya looked back, there was a silence between them before Liliya closed her eyes and a sigh escaped her lips. "Fine. We'll help you. Tony will kill us if we let you go in there alone."

     "He'll kill us if he knows we let her go in there period." Natasha countered.

     Finally, Wanda gave the verdict. "We'll help you."

     Eloise relaxed slightly, nodding her head. "Good."

     "This is not going to be easy, you know." Natasha told her.

     "I know." Eloise sighed. "None of you can speak a word of this to Tony. He'll be furious."

      "I still don't think it's worth it." Liliya sighed, shaking her head. Eloise looked at her and Liliya rolled her eyes. "I'm not going to tell Tony." Eloise narrowed her eyes and Liliya put her hands up in surrender. "I'm not going to tell Steve either, Christ."

     Eloise nodded, satisfied. "Now that we're on the same page, we have a HYDRA facility to break in to."

"