𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN:❝︎Shouldn't Be Possible❞︎

❝︎Shouldn't Be Possible❞︎

AFTER GETTING THEMSELVES SOME FOOD, THE GROUP OF THREE MADE THEIR WAY TO THE AVENGERS COMPOUND. Eloise spotted it first. Avery and Tony had been bickering, something they always seemed to do whenever they were in each others company. She saw the look on Calliope's face. Her mouth was parted slightly, her eyes widened slightly. Eloise could've swore she detected fear running through the young girls eyes. Her coming to a stop made Tony and Avery stop as well, looking at her before following her eye line to see Calliope sitting there in what seemed like shock.

Suddenly, Eloise felt regret bubbling in her stomach. She just wanted to turn on her heel and run. She suddenly didn't care what was in the case because the look on Calliope's face told her everything that Eloise needed to know. Much to her dismay, Calliope turned her head and caught Eloise's eyes. She nodded at the older woman, silently telling her that she'd gotten it to open and stood up from the chair, patiently waiting for the three of them to walk back into the room.

Avery, noticing Eloise's distress, grabbed her hand, giving it a small squeeze. "You okay?"

Eloise didn't know how to answer that question. "Whatever's in that case, I have a feeling I'm not going to be happy about it." Taking a deep breath, Eloise walked forwards and Tony and Avery followed after her. She entered the room and Calliope looked at her. Eloise offered her a small smile. "Thank you for doing this, Calliope. I wouldn't ask this of you if it weren't important."

"If you need anything else, I'm just a phone call away." Calliope gave the girl her number and Eloise softly thanked her. "Am I good to go? MJ and I were supposed to hang out today and I really don't want her to think I stood her up."

"Of course, sweetheart." Eloise nodded.

"Tell MJ I said hey." Avery requested and Calliope nodded. The two friends hugged before Calliope walked out of the room. Avery clapped her hands. "Alright, it's time for the big reveal." Avery walked over to the case and stood there, staring at what was inside. She pursed her lips. "Um, I'm not sure what this is supposed to be."

Eloise and Tony exchanged looks with one another before walking over to the case. Eloise and Tony stood there staring at it before exchanging looks with one another. Eloise bit the inside of her cheek, shaking her head. "It can't be. Can it? I mean it's impossible."

"It looks very possible to me."

"What's possible? What are we talking about?" Avery questioned. "Hello?"

"Avery, go find Steve." Eloise ordered. Avery opened her mouth to protest but one look from Eloise made her shut her mouth and leave the room. A few minutes later she came back with Steve in tow.

Steve looked at the familiar case. "You opened it?"

"Mhm." Eloise nodded. "Look at what's inside and tell me that it's not possible."