𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER THIRTY:❝︎Right From Wrong❞︎

CHAPTER THIRTY:
❝︎Right From Wrong❞︎

ELOISE AND TONY MADE IT HOME AND WHILST TONY WENT TO LIE DOWN FROM THE HEADACHE THAT HAD FORMED, ELOISE LEANED AGAINST THE BAR. She had a drink her hands, staring down at the drink as she swiveled the drink inside of the cup. Her thoughts were racing. Part of her wished she had just let Celeste erase the memories from her brain because now she knew that was all she was ever going to think about. How did her parents make an exact replica of the super soldier serum? It just didn't make sense. Like Steve said, it shouldn't have been possible.

Maybe there was a way for her to destroy it. There had to be a way for her to destroy. Eloise thought about it and her stomach seemed to drop at the idea. As much as she knew she should, that was the last bits of her parents that she had left and no matter how much she knew she should destroy it, she just couldn't bring herself to do it. Eloise sighed, taking a sip of the alcohol and closing her eyes and it flowed through her system. She hated feeling completely hopeless like this, she hated not knowing what to do. She just wished that she could fix it. She wished that her curiosity hadn't gotten the best of her and one day it was going to get her killed.

One thing that Eloise knew for certain was that she really missed her parents. They may have died when she was young, but she still missed them desperately. She just wanted them to be here with her, to hug her and tell her that everything was going to be okay. She had so many questions that she wanted to ask, questions that she would never get answers to. Eloise and Tony had bonded over the fact that they'd both lost their parents, and although they were under different circumstances, Tony and Eloise helped each other heal.

The sound of footsteps made her turn her head. She smiled softly at Tony as he walked in the room. "How's the headache?"

"Still pounding," Tony admitted. "But laying there wasn't really helping it as much as I'd wanted."

"I'm sorry." Eloise frowned. She pressed a kiss to his temple. "Does it feel a little better now?"

Tony smiled. "A little." Eloise chuckled and shook her head.

"I'd offer you'd a drink but I don't think that would make it any better. Drink some water. Maybe that'll help."

"Yes, ma'am."

Eloise rolled her eyes as he got a bottle of water out of the fridge, showing it to her before taking a sip of the drink. He walked over to her, leaning against the bar. "You okay?"

Eloise smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just worried about you and your headache."

"Oh, please. I have headache's all the time, it'll go away. What's bothering you?"

Eloise wanted to tell him, but she knew that those memories were now blocked and if she mentioned it they would just come right back and she didn't want that. She just sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "I just miss my parents. Which I know is stupid because they died when I was so young, but sometimes I just wish they were here to tell me what to do. To help differentiate right from wrong."

"Hey, it's not stupid." Tony told her, shaking his head. "It's basic human instinct to miss your parents. I'd be lying if I say I didn't miss mine here and there. I know that you don't want to talk about whatever it is, and I respect that, but you know that I'll always be right here to listen to you."

Eloise smiled at him and suddenly, if it were even possible, her love for him grew even stronger. "Thank you, Tony." She gave him a kiss and he smiled back at her.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Tony said before walking out of the room. Eloise watched him with a raised eyebrow. He walked back into the room and motioned for her hand. She gave it to him and she watched in awe as he place a beautiful ring on her finger. "Finally got the ring."

"When . . . when did you even have time to do this?"

"A magician never tells his secrets." Tony told her. Then, nervously, he asked, "Do you like it?"

"Do I like it?" Eloise asked in disbelief. "Tony, I love it. It's beautiful." Eloise held her hand up, letting the three diamonds on the ring shimmer in the light. She smiled brightly as she stared at it. Suddenly she realized how real this was. She realized that he was really hers and he was going to be hers for the rest of their lives. "I can't believe I'm getting married."

"You say that like it's such a shock." Tony replied. "Then again, I never thought I'd get married either."

"Well, as a girl I was never the one to dream about what her wedding was going to be like. It was like, I don't know, those cards weren't on the table for me. And then you walked in and you changed everything. Suddenly, everything's possible." Eloise looked at him with sincerity. "Tony, I don't think you realize how much you flipped my life around. I will forever love you for that. This means more to me than you will ever know."

"I'm just happy you said yes."

Eloise laughed at that and Tony joined her. She pulled him to her and kissed him. Tony kissed her back. For a moment, she forgot everything. For a moment she forgot that she was a half-vampire and that Tony was Iron Man. For a moment, everything felt perfect. Nothing lasts forever though, and although Eloise didn't want to think about that, she knew that something was lurking around the corner. She could feel it in her stomach. She didn't know what the feeling was, so instead she focused on the feelings she knew. Eloise Gardner knew that she loved Tony Stark and she knew that Tony Stark loved her, and that was all that she could ever ask for.

 Eloise Gardner knew that she loved Tony Stark and she knew that Tony Stark loved her, and that was all that she could ever ask for