CH 1: ARRIVAL AT MUMBAI

AUTHOR

                               AUTHOR

A slow whistle of train encroach in the whole station. Just then the train fastly moved towards the mystical dream city Mumbai. The compartments were filled with cowrd.

In one of the compartment, a girl in her early twenty was sitting crossing her legs on the sit, finishing her 5th book of the journey. Her jhumka along with her hair were flowing freely with the wind caused by the running train.

"Ah my wrist." The man beside her who was been sleeping for the last 4 hours hissed in pain.

"Told you not to sleep like that," she said still looking at the book.

"Ok madam I was wrong, all the fault is mine. Happy now." He cried joining his hands. She gave a slight nod. He got irritated by his wife's behavior. He snatched the book from her hand.

"Inuuuuuuuuuu!!! Atleast look at me when I am talking to you." He begged as a child pouting a little.

"Adi!! What are you? A kid. I have to finish the book give it to me." She widened her eyes. She forwarded her hand with a frown on her face.

" What?"

" My book," she said.

" No I won't give you. You don't even look at me when I am talking to you." He pouted

" Adi I have to finish my book give me my book." She widened her eye. He sighed and placed the book on her hand.

She gave a victory smile and covered her face with the it.

"Miss bestselling author Nandini. Please behave or atleast think like Ragini Aditya Malhotra sometimes," he said looking at his hands.

She lowered the book upto her eyes and looked at his sad husband.

"Such a drama you are na Adi!!" She moved her head in disbelieve. "And you are  IPS Aditya Malhotra so sometime you can too behave like an IPS."

He sighed and look her hand caressing a bit.

"I know you are sad. You are trying to avoid the topic. I know how much you love your Delhi. I know you love your writing. I know Innu that's why I had asked you to stay back," He said in a guilt striken voice.

She smiled and took his chin in her hand.

"It's true I love Delhi. I love my writing. But you know whom I love the most," She said stressing the word 'whom '.

He already knew the answer but still he had the urge to listen it once again. It was like he would never get over that answer. He would do anything just to listen the answer. He can spend the rest of his life listening to that particular answer.

"You," she said slightly kissing his cheeks.

"I love you more," he said embracing her around his energy.

Soon the train reached the station. The whole police troop were present there to welcome him. As Aditya's feet touched the platform the whole troop showed homage to him.

A young man around his age came forward.
"Jai hind sir. I am Rahul Singh assistant SP crime branch Mumbai." He saluted him.

"Nice to meet you Rahul. I hope and wish we will be able to attain our goals," he said patting his back. He turned towards Ragini who was admiring the sight of his husband's  honor and respect.
Her eyes shined in bliss.

Aditya knew the look  the look she gives when she is proud of him. A smile crept on his face.

He turned towards Rahul once again.
"Rahul can you arrange something to drop her home?" he asked

"Ofcourse sir I will myself drop her," he said with a smile.

"Don't call me sir. You can call me AM," Aditya said

Ragini came towards them "Hii Rahul I am Ragini. Aditya's wife." She forwarded her hand.

"Nice to meet you. Shall we go now?"

Aditya with the rest of his team headed towards his office.

Both Aditya and Ragini have their own plans for Mumbai. But this maya nagri had it's own plans for them.

Aditya was waiting to attack on the person for whom he was there but someone under his veil was stareing at his steps. Both were predators both were preys.

But between them both their was a victim totally unaware of the gamble of blood and guns.

                            ♡♡♡♡♡

                          A NOVEL BY DIVYA THAKUR

WITH LOVE
YOURS
DIVYA THAKUR