Exposed

I kept on looking at Elle. Her astonishment plastered evidently on her face. She glared at me and I only grinned on her like a stupid monkey being exposed.

Snapping me out of my reverie, Archie smacked the back of my head and said, "Have you travelled elsewhere coz I've been speaking to you for mintunes now and you looked like you flew over there." he pointed at Elle's direction then sipped his orange juice. Since when did he get the juice?

I wanted to retort but hesitated for a moment.
He's my best friend and I haven't told him yet.
"I'll tell you later." I simply uttered. I know that if I will, he would spread such rumor and that's the least Elle and I wanted to happen. It seems that I have to explain the situation to him. Elle has a reputable family and I can't afford to put her in pressure cooker situation.

I once again glanced at Elle and find her simply doing the same. I couldn't control my heart with the way she looks at me. There's like a magnetic reaction between the two of us.

I smiled at her and averted my gaze to Archie who was already raising his brows at me until a sound of whistle  made me realize that we are in a basketball court and that we're here to watch a game that was already in its second half.

I texted Elle, "Love, I'll just watch the game. Talk to you later. I love you." and she sweetly smiled at me when I took a glance over her.

The sound of joy and encouragement roared all around the court as the game heated. The team wearing blue jersey seemed strong. They have an excellent three-point shooter and have a good defense.

"If they were this strong, how much more are the other teams?" I spoke to Archie who was also watching. "We'll be having our practice tonight. Boss Erwin said we'll be having our game tomorrow afternoon, but not sure what time so we just have to be ready." he explained as he continued watching while chewing his 'piattos'. Since when did he get that snack?

"Do you still have some snack to offer?" I asked. This guy didn't even offer me some food. Unbelievable.

"I did offer you foods a while back but you seemed in a daze, you haven't heard anything I have said." he chuckled and that explained it.

"Give me then." I said and he gave me an energy drink and a potato snack. I was about to drink when he nudged me. "What?" I asked, confused.

He slightly nodded his head to his right as a gesture for me to look at what he was telling me. I choked when I saw my ex, Diana. I awkwardly smiled at her when she waved her hand on me and averted my sight towards Elle.

Luckily, she was busy watching the game.
"Can I sit here?" I heard Diana asked Archie and I frowned when he let her sit between us. Shit! I once again glanced at Elle and she's already looking at me. Actually, she was glaring.

I felt my phone vibrated and I took it out of my pocket. She sent me an image of eyeballs. I snorted when I sensed her growing jealousy. I find it funny but at the same time scary so I sat as far as possible away from Diana.

My ex looked at me in confusion. On the other hand, Archie who was side glancing on me was holding back a laugh. He did this on purpose and found this situation funny while I found it awkward.

I once again felt my phone vibrated. I bit my lower lip when I saw Elle's message.
"No, no, love... Archie did this. I didn't make her sit beside me." I replied and stood from my seat.