Her Letters

Nights after working hours, I always go straight to my apartment to do same chores before heading in my bedroom where I continue reading Elle's letters.

To tell you, I went laughing all by myself when I've read the first letter which contains the scenes of our first meeting until we started playing games and until she fell in love with me. What's funny is that at that same time, I fell for her too and we were like 11 years old.
Young love. So innocent but so pure.

Reading it was a mix emotion of joy and sadness.

I wanted to share what was inside her letters so that we could all relate.

...

Mark,

Hey, I think by the time you are reading this, I bet I'm already gone; but don't you worry because I'm not gone without telling you.

Remember the first time we've met? It was at the bridge where you and some of my friends including my sister were getting a copper fruit which was planted beside the ponds.

I, on the other hand, went there in fury because I was looking for my sister who sneaked from helping me in the store.

I was scolding her when I saw her, telling her all lies just to get her back and help me but all she did was to retort that made me even more furious.

I said something that made you talk back and that was when I started to realize that I do not know who you were. You were a new face to me and same as to your brother who, no offense, but I did like him back then, not you.

Don't worry because as we started to get along, I came to enjoy your company more. We started playing some street games, a badminton where no rules required— just hit the shuttlecock and hit it back. Then snap, I just fell. Fell so deeply into you.

It was so new to me. So weird and yet it was sooo good to feel. I started looking for you even though I just woke up.

The barbecue my aunt was selling at that time helped because we would eat barbecues there together. More time together. I know it sounds creepy and a little clingy but I did love being with you.

Ramember that day you came in our house and we played my piano together then my dad saw us? He gave you that intimidating look, I guess you really got intimidated because you never talked to me nor played with me after that day. I was totally hurt. It felt like you just threw me, but I never stopped loving you.

I've waited but you still never came to me. So there, I have loved you, secretly.