An accident

Today, it felt a bit weird. Like something's gonna happen or whatever, but that doesn't stop me from going to my work. I needed this job so freaking bad. Whether I am in my best or in my worst condition. I still have to support my family's needs. My son still needs me.

Despite the heartache I am feeling right now, I still needed to move forward. Just like what Elle has written in one of her letters.

Did you ever experience a day when you wake up, you feel empty. Like a zombie, maybe? That's exactly how I am today.

A while back, I got scolded by my superior, Mr. Dumbo because I got late for about 2 minutes and more. It's not his real name, yeah, but he's big so I made his nick name and of course, without him knowing that.
.....
"Hey, Mark. I assign you to do all the windows until this goddamn house was done." Mr. Dumbo instructed. Hell, I don't even know if I can do it well today. I nodded of course. Do I have any choice?

"Can I have someone to assist me, sir?" I asked. "Yeah.. hey, Josh join Mark in the windows." Dumbo glanced at Josh's direction and I heard Josh muttered 'shit' as he shook his head. He has fear of height so I quietly laughed at him for that.

We were in the middle of putting the window glass at the 2nd floor of the three-storey house we're building when I suddenly felt dizzy. My surroundings began to blur and the last thing I remembered was me, falling to the ground where pebbles, rocks, and sand scattered around. I felt an excruciating pain in my lower back and in the right part of my head as my body hit the ground.

There were shouts everywhere saying  'accident, sir, an accident! .... Mark———'

My eyes started to close, then I saw Elle. Everything after that is black.