A message

"Mark!" my mom, Andrea, shouts. "Look after your brothers, will you?"

"What? No! They can take care of themselves, mom. They're not babies anymore!" I retort, still fidgeting my new touch screen iPhone.

A message popped up and I frown as I look at the time, 12:46am. Immediately, I press the message icon.

It says, "hi." being curious, I type, "Where did you get my number. Who are you?"
I look at the time and it's already getting more late and there's still no reply. Maybe a wrong sender.

My eyelids are about to close when my phone vibrates. Ugh!

I press again the icon and the message says, "haha, this is Elle, stupid. How are you?"
Shit! Shit! It's Elle. My heart begins to beat rapidly but I have to play cool 'cause I'm cool, right?

"Oh... Hi, Elle!" I just reply, but I want to say
more— I also miss her.
"Do you have a girlfriend?" she immediately asked. Oh, for the love of God. Is she asking me to be her boyfriend?.... But she's not the type to ask something like this.

"Are you drunk?" I ask and she replied, "A little." I frown at that. She's not the type to drink alcoholic beverages. "Does your papa know that you're drinking?"

"Haha. Nope, but I'll never tell him that. We're at my cousin's house and we're having an after party on my aunt's wedding and a pre-birthday party for my cousin and my sister." oh yeah, I forgot that we were invited.

"Can you not drink anymore?" I ask, more of a demand. She didn't reply on that.

A moment passed, she messaged again.
"Will you be my boyfriend?" Oh, Mama Mia!        

Without thinking, I abruptly and truthfully reply, "Yes, but I have lots of girls." 

"ooooh." she just said. I can already imagine how dismayed she is.

It's already 1am and I feel like she's not replying anymore...

....
LATE MORNING...
I still feel sleepy as I wake up. My eyes are still adjusting from the beaming light coming from our window our window. I stretch my body and yawn.

I search for everyone but they were not in the room anymore. The pillows and blankets were already neatly folded. Hmh... What the heck.

I try to reach my phone which is now under the bed and when I finally get it, I text mom, "Where are you, guys?" and she replied, "Since you didn't look after your brothers last night, I decided to bring them here at your Aunt Liza's house and we're having dinner here. Take care of yourself, lazy bug." What?! They left me, alone in the house. What am I suppose to do?. I don't know how to cook, damn it! Noodles and egg again?

I am about to reply when I see the unread messages in my message list, then it came to my nerve about last night's conversation with Elle.

I tap her number which is still unsaved in my contact list. "Hey, love. I'm one of your girls now." the first one, followed by, "I'm kidding."
Kidding for what? For asking me to become her boyfriend? Did she regret asking me when I told her I have lots of girls?

I tap the reply section and text her, "Good morning, love." and send. No reply.
I text her again, "You'll never be one of those girls, love. I'll dump them for you. I swear." send. Still, no reply.

Last text, "Will you be my girlfriend?" immediately, she replied, "Yes! :)"