15; OF MONSTERS AND MEN

AUTUMN MOON

15; OF MONSTERS AND MEN

'YOU'RE GONE, GONE, GONE AWAY; I WATCHED YOU DISAPPEAR

ALL THAT'S LEFT IS A GHOST OF YOU

NOW WE'RE TORN, TORN, TORN APART; THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO

JUST LET ME GO, WE'LL MEET AGAIN SOON❞ - OF MONSTERS AND MEN

EDWARD DOES NOT HAVE ANY PARTICULAR DESIRE TO GET TO KNOW ELIZABETH "CALL ME ELI" SWAN

EDWARD DOES NOT HAVE ANY PARTICULAR DESIRE TO GET TO KNOW ELIZABETH "CALL ME ELI" SWAN. Trying to read her mind is like diving headfirst into a steel trap, giving him the first headache he's had in a century. He found recently that the static of her thoughts drowns out all the others, however, so when he wants a break from keeping his mental guard up, Edward will tune into her "station" and drop his walls to relax in the blissful silence that accompanies the white noise of her mind.

Despite this and the fact that she has managed to pull the rest of his family into her orbit, she doesn't pique his interest. She seems nice enough, and Emmett finds her hysterical, but Eli Swan isn't enough to penetrate the bubble of apathy Edward has cemented around himself.

Now...

Now, things are different.

Now he's found the other two-thirds of his soul in her best friend and sister.

Logically he knows that he should get to know her, seeing as she is his (potential) future sister-in-law. Maybe he can warn her away from those dangerous dogs she calls partners.

(Edward immediately pushes the ingrained revulsion down, down, down at the thought of a young woman seeing three other people, one of which is another woman. He has to remind himself that there is nothing wrong with the scenario, at least from a societal standpoint - dangerous shapeshifters aside - but his old-fashioned upbringing keeps raising red flags in his head. He is being hypocritical, he knows this, but old habits die hard, and vampires are slow to change by their very nature.)