16; RECOMPENSE

AUTUMN MOON

16; RECOMPENSE

MAYBE IT'S ALL JUST FOR A MOMENT

WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR SO AIMLESSLY?
LOOKING AT YOU WITH MY ANXIOUS GAZE,

YOU'RE ALL I NEED, EVEN IF IT HURTS❞ - BLACKPINK

ROSALIE HALE DRIVES LIKE AN ABSOLUTE DEMON, SO IT TAKES THEM HALF THE TIME TO GET TO SEATTLE THAN IT DID WHEN ELI DROVE WITH HER DAD

ROSALIE HALE DRIVES LIKE AN ABSOLUTE DEMON, SO IT TAKES THEM HALF THE TIME TO GET TO SEATTLE THAN IT DID WHEN ELI DROVE WITH HER DAD. The trip there is mostly filled with Rosalie and Alice asking Eli questions - questions about her life before moving, her friends, her family. She indulges them, answering their questions to the best of her ability, but every time she tries to get them to reciprocate and answer questions about themselves, the conversation always somehow gets turned back to her.

There's something about them, Eli thinks to herself as she half-listens to Alice's constant, bright chattering from the backseat. She can't quite put her finger on what it is - what about the Cullens that makes her brain itch. They're kind to her, though, and she knows that they invited her out to take her mind off the creeping necrosis of pain inside of her, so she tries not to think about it out of respect for her new friends.

The shopping trip is, well, a trip. Alice drags them through the high fashion district, and Eli's thoughts are filled with Gucci and Dior and Celine. She allows herself to giggle and moan over the gorgeous fabrics and quality leather, losing herself in the simple pleasure of hanging out with other girls. It's nice, and even if she can't afford any of these things in her wildest dreams, she lets Alice and Rosalie stuff her into fancy clothes and tries not to think too much.

Eli must have missed the memo about prom coming up in a few weeks, but Alice insists on having Eli try on ball gowns that cost as much as Charlie's house. It's ridiculous, but it's fun. The three of them fawn over a chic, modern slip dress with a mesh overlay and tiny, glittering jewels littering the fabric like stars, but Eli nearly chokes at the price tag and immediately changes out of it.