And Then There Were None

4 hours
I tried to nap. But all I did was toss and turn in bed. Every time I closed my eyes, I was back in that room with him.

3 hours
My skin was red and irritated from the hot shower. It didn't matter how hard I scrubbed, the amount of soap I used. I still smelled him. I still felt him through the minor soreness between my legs. I could still feel his hands on me. I could still feel his lips against mine. I had hoped the hot, steaming shower would burn away the feeling. But it didn't.

2 hours

I shudder feeling that I wanted to throw up. I stare at the toilet. Finally feeling it come up as I run towards it, buckling over and throwing up what little I had eaten last night. I hear the door open, hoping it would be him. But it wasn't. She sighs and crouches on the ground next to me.

Alysa holds my hair back, gently rubbing my back as I continue to throw up. When I'm finally done she hands me my toothbrush. "Where is he?" I ask as I stand up walking to the sink. She stands next to me, leaning against the sink with her arms crossed. "He's in the back." She mumbles as I rinse my mouth.

I nod my head, looking down at the water going down the drain. "I thought it was him." I whisper referring to the guy I saw with the two women. We both stand there in the silence for a minute. "He loves you." She finally says. "I think he's just hurting right now." I look at her, needing her to reassure me. She nods her head, stepping away from the bathroom door as I go downstairs to look for him.

I quietly slide open the door, closing it as I step out. He doesn't turn around. I sit next to him, our knees lightly brushing against one another. He drops the cigarette, crushing it with his shoe.

He slowly looks over at me, smiling in a way I had never seen him do. I could feel the pain from him. I could see the emptiness behind his eyes. He looks at the sky, frowning as the grey clouds were beginning to roll in. The air was thick. The wind beginning to blow. "I'm so sorry." I whisper.

"I know." He mumbles.

He reaches over for my hand, squeezing it. "I didn't mean to break your heart." I whisper hoarsely as I recall what he said to me.

He pulls me against him. I bury my face into the crook of his neck, crying. His cologne fills my nose, replacing Josiah's. It was the only one I wanted to smell. Tom was the only one person I wanted to feel against my skin. The only one I wanted.

I knew this for a fact.

He chuckles quietly. I hear him sniffle, as he raises one hand to wipe his eye. "Your birthday." He mumbles, lowering his hand. "I said you could break my heart. Shatter it. Do whatever you wanted with it." He kisses my forehead. I feel a single hot tear hit the top of my head.

"It was only ever yours to break."

I wipe my own tears, feeling my heart shatter into a million pieces as he says this to me. He holds me quietly as we both sit in silence for what felt like a short moment.

1 hour

The sky was darker and it had begun to drizzle. If it weren't for the extended roof, we'd be soaked.

He pulls his arm away, going for my hand instead. "Are we going to be okay?" I ask him after a while. He smiles, and slowly nods his head. "It's always going to be you Juliette." He says. Those were the words I needed to hear. While my heart ached, I knew him and I would be able to start again. Because we always found a way.

"Should we go inside?" I ask turning to look at the doors. He pulls on my hand. "No. Not now. I need this right now." He mumbles. "Do you remember when we first met?" He asks, semi smirking at the memory. I furrow my eyebrows, laughing as I nod my head at his sudden question and the memory.