Chapter 18: Walking

After the gala, I stayed with Arthur. We decided to go on a walk through the city, and ended up taking the subway to Times Square.

"What do you like about the city Laurel?"

We had been walking in a perfect silence for a while, but he looked at me and smiled when he asked this question.

"How there are so many people, and so many different stories. There's just so much to discover, and once you've thought that you have seen it all, there's always something more."

"Wow. That was...beautiful." He looked at me a way I had never been looked at before. Not even with Jonas. What was happening to me?

"Arthur," I said, looking at him, "Why me? Why did you choose to talk to me tonight?"

"Because, you were the one girl in the room who didn't care about the glamour, or the paparazzi. You were real. You were the only girl in the room to me."

"Wow...No one has ever said those things to me before.." I looked at the ground, and started fidgeting.

"That's because they were probably all gay."

Wait, What?

I started laughing extremely hard. Like, I'm pretty sure I pissed my pants. And then he started laughing. So then I laughed even more. I had never laughed this hard with Jonas.

Why do I keep comparing Arthur to Jonas?

————————————————————————————————————-

sorry guys, short chapter. I really don't have time to write right now, but I felt the need to update for you, so I did what I could in the time I had.

Definitely not my best work, but I'll come back an edit this chapter for sure.