Chapter 6: Peace and quiet...Almost.

Office Max was where I went after work today. I needed to decorate my cubicle. I needed tape dispensers, a printer, a stapler, post its, picture frames, a nice comfy desk chair, pencil holders, binders, nice mini shelves to put on my desk, a desktop computer, some 'wallpaper', pencils, pens, highlighters, and a mouse. 

After I bought the stuff (total of $784), I asked the people to deliver everything to my office in the morning. I was exhausted.

After I got home, I sat down on my sofa. and started watching Netflix. The Walking dead Season 4. When I went to go get some coffee, I heard something. 

"DING." "DING" "DING" 

I heard that ding about twenty times before I realized it came from my computer.  I looked at my notifications. 

"20 new emails" 

ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHAT IS THIS? CANT SOMEONE HAVE A LIFE??????

I sat down on the couch with a thud, and open my gmail. 

One of them was from my mom and dad.

<TO: Laurelcatlady100@gmail.com> <From: Mom and Dad> 

Hey sweetheart,

We were just emailing you to congratulate you on you new Job! Also, is the apartment nice? And, to make a good professional impression, you have to change your email adress. Come on, catlady100? were 1-99 already taken? How did your first day go? Are the men in suits nice looking? Did people look at you? Sorry, I'm prying...Love you

Mom.

Hey honey. It's dad. Did you learn about the company before you arrived? Also, did you like the car I got you, the BMW? Its my gift to you. I also want to know how much rent you are paying. Or did you buy your apartment? Just email me the list price and how much you got it for. Also, how are your monthly expences on your credit card? Do you have a good credit score? Also, how is Jacob? Is the long distance relationship working out?

Love you sweetheart.

Dad

Let's just say I haven't told my parents that Jacob and I weren't together anymore because I couldn't handle telling my parents that the one guy I brought home that they actually liked was not with me anymore. 

<Grinstone,Tom> 

I need a presentation on stock expenditures by tomorrow! 

Thanks,

Tom Grinstone.

The Next 18 emails were all from him and had the basic requirements. A presentation on their stocks? By tomorrow? This was going to be a long night....