Chapter 11: Eyes

"Hey Laurel."

He walked up to my office, and everyone was staring at him. I had to admitt, he was looking especially attractove today. He was wearing a navy blue suit that looked incredibly expenssive. But that just made me wonder. Why the hell was he interested in me? Of all people?

"Hey Jonas." I said back, a little bit softer than I had wanted.

"Where do you want to go eat?"

"I was thinking...does Nobu work? They have the best sushi EVER!"

"I love Nobu. Let's go then."

I grabbed my trench coat and my umbrella. It was pouring outside. He looked for an uber car on his phone and we waited for barelly a minute before one arrived. I got in the back of the car and he followed. I put my hand on my leg, and felt his cover mine. I looked down, and let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. We arrived at Nobu and got a table for two near the back. Considering it was lunch, it was pretty full.

"So, why did you want me to come to lunch with you?" I say, leaning forward slightly.

"Because, you look like your new to the city, and you look like you need a friend. Because, I mean, your email username claimes you're a cat lady."

"How did you know that? Are you stalking me?"

"No, Mr Grinstone forwards all of your emails to me."

"Oh wow. I should really change that."

"Ya. You should."

He was so close now, I could feel his breath on my face. He had beautifult hazel eyes, with specks of blue and grey. I had never seen anything like them before.

And before I knew it, his lips were on mine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! This chapter was kind of self explanatory, so we'll see what happens between them.

xoxo,

swimmer200111