Chapter 1: The apartment

"Omg! It's freaking gorgeous!"

I had just arrived to my new apartment. The lobby had a doorman, a fireplace and a beautiful marble floor.

"Just remember to pay the rent, and you can stay in this 'gorgeous'." said the landlord. He was dressed in an Armani suit. Fancy for a landlord...

"Anyways, have a nice day miss." He closed the door when he left.

My boxes were supposed to arrive soon. I guess I was just going to have to wait. About an hour later, the inter phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hello Miss...Judins. Your boxes have arrived. Would you like us to send them up?"

"Of course. Thank you." I hung up.

I opened the door for the movers to come in. Boxes and Boxes. All full of stuff belonging to me. The three thousand square feet apartment would do though. I told the movers to put together the furniture, and then leave. They did. I needed to unpack.

About six hours later, I was in my second to last box. I dug around to see what was inside, and saw a picture frame. It was me holding hands with a boy.

"Me and Jacob." I said to myself, aloud.

Jacob was probably the love of my life during college at Stanford. But then I got the chance to work at Gremland Investments, my dream since junior year in high school. I had to let him go. I really missed him. But right now, I'm in New York City. The City of opportunities. No time to look at the past, time to look into the future.