Chap 1

Alexis' POV
Bailey, Jayk, Drew, Blake, and I were sitting in the food court. Blake put his arm around me and I looked at him with a smile. "Are you okay with this?" I asked him.
"I haven't been more sure than anything," Blake smiled.
"Guys, I wanna go to a movie," Bailey smiled. "Are you going to be fine?"
"I'll be okay with Blake," I smiled. My phone vibrated and I looked at it. "Ugh..."
"What is it?" Bailey asked.
"Remember how I told you I have that paid internship at the precinct for the PD?" I asked. Bailey nodded. "They're sending me case files to see if I wanna be part of the case."
"What's this case about?" Bailey asked.
"A drug bust," I sighed standing up. "Sorry, Blake, but you should go see a movie with Bailey, Jayk, and Drew. I have to go to work."
"I understand," Blake sighed with sadness. "I understand."
" I gotta go," I sighed. I started walking but I felt a pair of eyes on me as I left through the doors of the mall. I turned around and scanned my surroundings but no one stood out. "I'm just being paranoid, I hope." I got into my light blue Lamborghini Aventador. "Time for work." I drove myself all the way to the precinct and walked inside. "Okay, drug bust. Who's buying?"
"You are and your car," Daniel said pointing at me.
"I'm buying drugs?" I asked. "With my car? That's my baby! I'm not taking her to a bust with guns."
"Relax," Daniel nodded. "We aren't taking your precious Lamborghini."
"What?" I asked. "You just said my car."
"Yeah but you're driving an evo," Daniel said throwing me a pair of keys. "Its that yellow car with designs out there."
"You want me to drive that evolution to a drug bust? The evo?" I asked. "Are we forgetting that I could get shot if they find out I'm not a real buyer?" Daniel threw me a bulletproof vest. "They could shoot me in the head. Forget it." I threw the vest back to him. "I'm going to go at it without any protection."
"Captain," Daniel sighed.
"It's her case," Captain Tyler replied. "Just be careful."
"Got it," I smiled tossing the keys in the air and catching them. "Let's do this."
"Here we go," Daniel sighed.
"I'm your intern. Let's go partner," I smiled. I got into the evo and drove to the warehouse. I got out and grabbed the briefcase from the trunk. I put on the earpiece. "Please tell me you got my sixth."
"I'm not going to let anything happen to you," Daniel's voice went through the earpiece. "I'm here."
"Thanks," I sighed. I walked inside the warehouse. "I'm here for Jason."
"I'm Jason," said the guy. "I wasn't asking for a high school girl to hand deliver the money."
"Well, you get what you ask for," I replied putting the briefcase on the desk and opening it to show him the money. "Where's the shipment?"
"I see you wanna get right down to business," Jason nodded. "Okay, let's get this done."
"Yeah, before we do that," I smiled. My team ran in for the bust. I spun around and withdraw my gun from my jacket and pointed it at Jason's neck with my right hand. "I may look like a high school girl, but never underestimate what I can do."

Bailey's POV
I took Blake, Jayk, and Drew back to mine and Alexis' home. "This is our home," I smiled.
"Madame, may I take your jacket?" asked Jimmy.
"Guys, this is Jimmy, our butler," I smiled. "No, Jimmy, I'm good. Maybe a glass of lemonade for the four of us in the sunroom?" Jimmy nodded and left. "Come on." The guys followed me to the sunroom and we sat at the table. "Are you guys okay?"
"You have more money than we do," Drew smiled.
"That's can't be true," I smiled. "Alexis and I had this house built. Her family and I built it together so me and her can live together." I sighed as Jimmy put a glass in front of each of us. "Thank you Jimmy." He nodded and left. "Alexis' salary pays a lot as a paid intern so we were able to hire Jimmy to keep the place tidy so that the place stays clean."
"Wow," Blake smiled. "Pretty, smart, and a paid intern."
"She's also a PI," I nodded.
"Paid intern," Blake repeated.
"No, PI stands for private investigator," I shrugged. "Which she gets put on cases that the precinct can't handle. Sometimes her clients are brought here for safety." Alexis walked in with her left hand on the left side of her rib cage. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, there's no blood," Alexis sighed as she took off her jacket and took off her bulletproof vest. Jimmy walked in with a frozen bag of peas and a glass of lemonade. "Thanks Jimmy." She put the bags of peas on her ribs and slump down in the chair. "That feels good."
"You don't look okay," I sighed. "It looks like someone knocked the wind out of you."
"I'm fine," Alexis groaned.
"No, you're not," I argued. I stood Alexis up and removed the peas. I lifted her shirt up a little bit and I saw the bruise. "Someone shot you?!"
"I told you it wasn't a big deal," Alexis groaned again as she put her shirt down and placed the peas back on her bruised ribs. "I'm going to be fine. I was shot with my bulletproof vest on."
"You need to do to a hospital and make sure you doing have a cracked rib or something," I added. "Come on! We are taking you to the hospital."
"No, you're not," Alexis nodded. "I had the medical examiner down at the precinct check. I'm fine. It's just bruised and I will heal in three to four days." I looked at her. "Until then, I don't work."
"You couldn't have picked a less painful job?" I asked. "Something that wouldn't cause you to get hurt?"

Blake's POV
"Yeah, I hate seeing you in pain," I nodded. "I agree with Bailey."
"Everyone goes through pain," Alexis replied. "Love is painful. That's one of the reasons why I'm single."
Alexis started drinking her lemonade. "Not the way I saw it when you two were getting cozy under the covers," Drew smirked.
Alexis choked on her lemonade. "Whoa," Alexis coughed. "No one was getting cozy under the covers." She removed the peas and sat up. "Ow."
"Couldn't you have been normal and pick a job to be a nurse?" Bailey asked.
"Normal is overrated," Alexis shrugged. She grabbed her vest and her jacket. "I'm going to take a nap. I need it."
"Alexis," Bailey sighed as she walked off. "I'll go talk to her."
"We'll be here," I smiled as Bailey left. "You really need to watch what you say." I looked at Drew. "Alexis and I haven't done anything."
"Yet," Drew teased.
"Shut up man," I nodded. "Who says this room doesn't have cameras?"
"Wait, the room is bugged?" Jayk asked.
"Who's to say it isn't?" I asked. "She's a private investigator, Jayk. She's very good at it."
"Look, it's obvious you like the girl," Drew stated giving me the duh expression. "So go for it. Ask the girl before it's too late."
"She said one of the reasons why she's single is because love is a pain," I sighed. "I don't wanna be the guy who goes out with her and then breaks her heart. All because I know me and her won't last."
"Relationships end because they weren't meant to be," Drew explained. "But you gotta go for it if you want to know if it's true or not." Bailey walked back in and sat down. "How's the girl doing?"
"She's sun bathing on the balcony," Bailey nodded. "Sometimes I don't understand the girl. Maybe you can talk some sense into her."
"Me?" I asked. "I don't think I'm the best person to talk to in these kinds of situations."
"She'll probably listen to you more than she'll listen to me," Bailey sighed. "Please?"
"I'll take him but I'm not stepping out on the balcony with you," Jayk sighed standing up.
"What?" Bailey asked smirking at Jayk. "Never seen a girl in a bikini before?"
"I have but with Alexis is a different story," Jayk pointed at me. "But good point." Jayk sat down. "You got this, right Drew?"
"I don't care who does it just go and talk to her," Bailey kinda exclaimed.
"We don't wanna make her mad," Drew nodded pulling me up to Alexis' bedroom. "I think its her room."
I pointed at the sign that said Alexis' Bedroom. "You idiot," I sighed. I walked inside and Bailey was right. Alexis was outside laying in a lawn chair, in a light blue bikini, sunbathing. "Alexis?" I was guessing she couldn't hear me. I tapped on her. "Alexis?"
She looked at me and took off her earphones. "Blake," Alexis sighed. "What are you doing here?"
"Well," I stretched. "I honestly don't know."