Chap 4

Adam's POV
I was sitting at Alexis' desk as she was with Alex Cabott in the conference room. "Do the two of them not like each other?" I asked.
"They don't necessarily get along together," Daniel sighed. "I know how Alexis is. She just doesn't deal with rape cases because she can get emotionally involved." I looked at Daniel. "She has a big heart but cases that deal with rape, she can't handle it."
"I know how Alexis is," I nodded. "I've known her for over three years and I finally got the courage to come here and see her."
"Adam Bodus?" Daniel asked.
"I haven't used that name for a while," I nodded. "But yeah...she talks about me?"
"Dude, she idolizes you," Daniel smiled. "It's nice to finally meet the guy who's had such an impact on her life."
"What are you two talking about?" Alexis asked walking to us.
"This is the guy who had such an impact on your life?" Daniel asked.
"He had some but Blake was there before Adam was," Alexis crossed her arms. "Anyways, I'm off for the next two weeks. Cabott decided that's what's best for the team."
"The DA gave you two weeks?" Daniel asked. "Is that what's best for the team or what's best for her?"
"I don't know but if you wanna hang, call me and see if I have plans," Alexis smiled. "If you call and I don't pick up, I'm probably working a case as a PI."
"Got cha," Daniel nodded.
Alexis and I walked out and got into her car. "What's a PI?" I asked.
"Private investigator," Alexis replied driving. "People have to work to make their money. This is how I do mine. I work as a private investigator." She looked at her phone and glanced at the road every now and then. "It's about lunch time. Do you wanna have lunch together?"
"That sounds very good to me," I smiled. "And I'm paying for lunch."
"You can certainly do that," Alexis giggled. She parked at a restaurant that said Texas Roadhouse. "I like this place. My sister works here so we get a 30% discount." Her phone rang and she looked at her phone. She picked up. "Hey Bailey." She looked at Adam. "I'm not at the precinct but I'm at Texas Roadhouse so if you and Jayk wanna join is, just let the hostess named Kelsey know." She nodded. "Okay. I'll leave your name at the door." Alexis hung up. "Bailey and Jayk are joining us." We walked inside. "Kelsey..."
"Alexis, what are you doing here?" Kelsey asked.
"Lunch," Alexis raised a brow. "Table for four. Bailey and Jayk are joining us soon." Kelsey nodded and seated us. "Water and he would like coke."
"How did you know?" I asked as Kelsey left. "Are you stalking me?"
"No, it's on YouTube," Alexis smiled.
"Okay," I nodded. "Fair enough." I looked at the menu as a server brought us a basket of peanuts. "What's good here?"
"Our award winning ribs," said the guy.
"I'll have that," I smiled putting the menu down.
"Make that two," Alexis smiled as the server left  "You're different."
"I'm just being me," I smiled. "That's kinda the reason I'm the way I am."

Jayk's POV
We met Alexis and Adam at the resturant. "Still can't believe she wasn't at the precinct," I sighed.
"So being you is all this?" Alexis asked as we sat down. "Music?"
"Everything was except when I sang to you last night when you were on your balcony," Adam smiled.
"Yeah, you're a real romeo, aren't you?" I asked.
"Jayk, stop," Bailey nodded.
"Actually, I had to think of a way to sing to Alexis," Adam nodded. "It took hard work and money just to come all the way over here for her."
"You came all the way from Sweden for my sister?" Kelsey asked stopping at our table. "I'm sorry buddy but you better take a ride back to the airport and go back. She has someone."
"Yeah, and that someone is ---"
"Blake English, I know," Kelsey nodded cutting Adam off.
"No," Bailey said. "Its Adam."
"Wait, Alexis," Kelsey sighed. "What happened to Blake?"
"This just got interesting fairly quickly," I smiled. "Please do tell us this."
"Blake, he's, not on the picture anymore," Alexis sighed. "He's my best friend now but we haven't been on good terms."
"You haven't talked to Blake since yesterday," I added. "How are you not on good terms?"
"I just have this gut feeling," Alexis sighed. "I don't know."
"Look, Alexis, you need to go and talked to Blake," I sighed. "He went to the precinct to go talk to you but apparently you weren't there."
"I will after we eat," Alexis nodded. We spent an hour eating and talking. "Okay. Can you guys take Adam home?"
"Yeah, we can take him home," Bailey nodded.
"Thanks," Alexis smiled. "I'll see you when I get home."
"Okay," Adam smiled. She left. "Is she okay?"
"Yeah, she's fine," I nodded. "Now let's get you two home because I have to go to the studio and work with TC."