Chap 2

Drew's POV
When I heard Blake say that, I face palmed myself. "You don't say that you, idiot," I whispered to myself. I sent Blake a text. "I always have to save the guy from a crisis."
"Well...I want you...to know...that...that..." Blake stopped. Come on you have a few more words you idiot! I peered around the corner. "I like you, Alexis."
"Yes," I whispered to myself. I left, quietly so the two could talk. I walked back to the sunroom. "Well, the job wasn't hard at all."
"Is that why you look like you took a dip in the pool?" Bailey asked.
I looked down at my shirt. "I'm sweating," I sighed. "I always do this when I'm freaking out."
"What did Blake do?" Jayk asked.
"I always have to save him with a text," I sighed. "He was nervous."
"Yeah and apparently, so are you," Bailey said placing her hand on my shoulder. "Are you feeling okay?" My heart started racing. "Drew, you're burning up."
"No, no, no. I'm fine," I said sitting down. I drank all my lemonade. "Is it me or is it hot?"
"Dude, are you having a heat stroke?" Jayk asked.
"No," I nodded.
"You sure?" Bailey asked.
"My girlfriend is asking if you're okay, dude," Jayk looked at me. I from up. Girlfriend? Did Jayk just say girlfriend? "Drew?"
"Girlfriend?" I asked. "Bailey's your girlfriend?"
"Yeahhhh," Jayk stretched. "Dude, you look like you just saw a ghost."
My blood was boiling underneath my skin. A raging fire just took over my body. Before I knew it, I jumped across the table and started punching Jayk left and right. "Drew!" Bailey exclaimed but that didn't help any. "Alexis, do something."
"Hey, guys, break it up," Alexis said. She pulled me off of Jayk and stood between us. "Stop it!" I went for it again, except all I remember is hitting the floor and looking up at Alexis towering over me. "Enough, Drew!" She helped Jayk up. "I swear you guys do so much fighting! Is there ever a time you do get along?"
"Now that you ask, sometimes," Jayk groaned.
"You going to be okay?" Alexis asked.
"A couple more punches I'll be out," Jayk nodded. "I'm fine."
"You," Alexis glared at me as I stood up. "Don't make me do that again."
"What did you do to me?" I asked. "And why is my hand all oily?"
"Baby oil I rubbed on my body before I sun bathed," Alexis pointed. "But you grabbed my shoulder and I flipped you."
"Remind me how you did that again?" I asked.
"Bailey did tell you I'm a private investigator, right?" Alexis asked. I nodded. "There's your answer."
"Miss Inthavong, you have a visitor by the name of Lucas Peyton," Jimmy nodded.
"He's me five o'clock," Alexis sighed. "Place him in my office while I shower and get dressed."
"Yes ma'am," Jimmy said leaving.
"You gotta get to work," I nodded. Alexis left. "I'm going to get going. Did it work out with the two of you?"
"We decided to just be friends for now," Blake nodded. "So, we will see where this leads us."
"That's how it's done," I smiled. "Well, I'm out. See you guys soon."

Adam's POV
I waited outside of Alexis' house, in the bushes, in her backyard until nine o'clock. "No backing out now, Adam," I said to myself. "Just show her you love her."
"You came all the way over here for a girl?" the devil inside me asked.
I shrugged it off and stood a few feet from her balcony. I started playing my guitar. Alexis and her friend walked out onto the balcony and looked at me. "Adam?" Alexis asked.
"I thought he lived in Sweden," her friend stated.
"He does, Bailey," Alexis nodded. "Not sure why he's here."
"If you're not the one then why does my soul feel glad today? If you're not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?" I sang. "If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call? If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all." I smiled up at her. "I don't know why you're so far away, but I know you're here with me now. We'll make it through and I hope you are the one I share my life with." Alexis smiled at me. "I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand. If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am? Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?" Bailey nodded her head as if I was ruining everything but Alexis seems to be happy. "If I don't need you then why am I crying on my bed? If I don't need you then why does your name resound in my head? If you're not for me then why does this distance maim my life? If you're not for me then why do I dream of you as my wife? I don't know why you're so far away, but I know that this much is true." Alexis was still smiling at me. "We'll make it through and I hope you are the one I share my life with. And I wish that you could be the one I die with. And I pray in you're the one I build my home with. I hope I love you all my life." Bailey was trying to snap Alexis out of her thoughts but I caught her attention. "I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand. If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am? Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?" Alexis looked at Bailey then back at me. "'Cause I miss you, body and soul so strong that it takes my breath away. And I breathe you into my heart and pray for the strength to stand today. 'Cause I love you, whether it's wrong or right. And though I can't be with you tonight, you know my heart is by your side." I kept playing my guitar. "I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand. If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am? Is there any way that I could stay in your arms." I played the last chords and faded it out. I turned the guitar so that it was on my back. "So, what do you say?"
Alexis looked at Bailey. "You did not," Bailey sighed. Alexis smiled and ran back inside. "Seriously?"
"Is that a no?" I asked.
"Adam," Alexis smiled running to me. She ran into me and I hugged her. "Yes, Adam."
"Really?" I asked letting go of her. "You'll be my girlfriend?" She nodded and I hugged her again. "I've been trying to find a way to ask you for so long."

Jayk's POV
I was waiting for Bailey to come back to her phone because her and Alexis heard something from Alexis' balcony. "Baileyyyyy?" I asked.
"Hey, sorry," Bailey sighed. "I'm back."
"You sound annoyed," I replied.
"Yeah, well, I'm back in my own room now too," Bailey stated. "I'm not very well happy about what just happened."
"What?" I asked.
"Did Blake say anything about his relationship with Alexis?" Bailey asked. "Don't ask and just answer."
"All I know is that Blake wants to have a fuller relationship with Alexis but they don't wanna to ruin their friendship," I replied. "That's all I know. So, I'm not sure if they're going to be a couple or remain friends." Bailey nervously chuckled. "What was that?"
"I think it's easier for to remain friends," Bailey hesitated.
"Is there something you're not telling me?" I asked.
"I gotta go," Bailey quickly replied and hung up.
I had to find out what Bailey was talking about. She was nervous and hesitant, which isn't like her. What is she not telling me?