Chapter IX - Intruder

POV S/n

The next day.

I was sitting at the back of the seats drinking my hot chocolate, while Kiyone was eating her strawberry cake. We had found a store near the dorms by coincidence.

I had a bright smile and Kiyone well... She has a very tired expression after yesterday, if I could, I would be laughing a lot.

"You were really cruel to me yesterday... S/n." She pouts at me.

"Well, you were the one who asked me to be aggressive." I replied awkwardly.

"You're right, but I'm not complaining... Although you didn't give me a chance to rest."

"Hehe~ I don't see that funny." I took another sip of my chocolate, ignoring her complaints. "Anyway, we have business with the student council."

"Now that you say that, you're right. What time do we have to get there?"

"In about... 42 minutes." I looked at my watch.

"I see. So, how was the meeting with President Sakayanagi?"

"Interesting, he approved of the hot springs at the school." I gave a thumbs up, before my smile faltered.

'However, I feel like something is going to come up in the middle of this vacation. I believe someone will try to surround me.' I thought to myself.

Grabbing a napkin from the table, I reach out and wipe her cheek.

"Finish eating, we'll get ready in a bit." I said to her.

'It's been 1 week since my father sent his killers to get me, although he failed, nothing has happened so far. However, new killers will hunt me and I cannot let my guard down.'

"S/n? Can you hear me?" Kiyone calls me.

"Yes I am."

"You're thinking about something, right? Does it have something to do with the incident on the cruise ship?" She asks.

"A little." I answered sincerely. "But don't worry, no one is hunting me at the moment."

"Haah... It's okay, I'll trust you." She points her fork in my direction. "But you better be very careful, I don't want to worry about you too much. Even though I know you can take care of yourself."

"Looks like I have a girlfriend well-"

"Don't even think about finishing that sentence." She pouts. "You can go now, I'll be right behind."

"You're dismissing me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I am." She smiles at me. "I'm sure you'll be fine."

I sighed internally before getting up from my seat.

"Don't start a fight along the way." She told me as I walked away.

I didn't answer back, I just kept walking until I left the place where we were.

"'Red Seat'." I heard a voice behind me, turning my head to the side, I saw it was the same person who had spoken to me on the cruise ship. "Mind if I accompany you?"

"Please..." I waved my hand, making her follow me as we walked to school. "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Nothing very interesting. I just wanted to know how you were doing during those times." She said, still looking straight ahead. "It seems your father didn't send anyone to capture you, which is kind of strange to see."

I agree. And I highly doubt that President Sakayanagi did anything about this, I could imagine that it was Kaito who did something about this matter... But it seems that is not the case.