Chapter IV - Become the prey or the predator?

POV S/n

The next morning.

I wake up to a Kiyone beside me on my bed, lying sideways towards me. Her shirt was unbuttoned and her bra was showing. I think I see a small smile on her lips.

She approaches me and gives me a kiss on my lips

"Good morning S/n."

"Good morning Kiyone."

I get out of bed and walk over to the kitchen and prepare our breakfast. While I was preparing the food, she was sitting in the chair, just watching me with her head in her hand.

"You're pretty calm today... Maybe you're waiting for Class C to attack us?" She asked me.

Holding the handle of the skillet, I rock the pan from side to side sending the batter flying in the air.

"I'll wait for them to attack so that in the end, they fall into their own trap." I replied with a bored face.

"So... You're going to use their strategy against them anyway? You're not..."

I turned off the heat, lifted the skillet and turned to face her.

"I go."

"But, I can't…" She said with a distasteful tone.

"You're going to have to do this, I don't mind using myself to secure victory." I looked down at her with disdain.

She just frowned in disgust at my answer.

"So you wouldn't mind betting your life on it? Is that what you're trying to tell me?"

Approaching the table I spread the food on the middle plate that was next to the fruit basket.

"..." I didn't answer his question, just ignored it and continued. "Do you like pancakes?

"Answer me S/n." His tone gets more sinister.

I sighed. "Yes, I wouldn't mind. Everything to me is just a gamble in this twisted world."

"Bet?" She gets confused.

"Just like in the political world…" I held up my hands and held up my index finger as I explained to her. "When you participate in the political world, you're obligated to play their games, following their political rule, no matter if you're a good person or not. That's how the rules work, no matter what."

"..."

Placing my thumb on my neck, I make a 'slit throat' gesture as I rotate my hands.

"Understand? You die."

"But what does that have to do with a bet?"

"Simple. Just as in the political world you have to be ready to bet your life, gambling is much the same." I looked at her with cold, piercing eyes. "When you're going to place a bet with someone, you have to be prepared to bet everything you've got, including... your own life."