-SIX-

🤍✨
Nashville, Tennessee
Maeve
•can't quit •

🤍✨Nashville, Tennessee Maeve •can't quit •

"Be careful with me. Do you know what you doin? Whose feelings that you hurtin' and bruisin'?" - Cardi B

『★』『★』『★』

WHEN I woke up, I had remembered that I said I quit. And somehow I don't regret it. Of course I wanted enough money but things change sometimes.

I put my robe on and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. After that I headed downstairs, sighing when I heard yelling already. I got to the kitchen, not making any eye contact with my ex boss. But I did hear Catrina. "Maeve honey?" She asked.

I looked at her and smiled. "Hi, good morning." I said to her, she softly smiled. She grabbed my arm and led me away from the crazy boss. "Xandria told me you quit?" She asked me.

"Yes. I have." I said softly, she frowned even more. "Is the pay not good? Is it too big for you to clean alone?" I shook my head. "The pay is great, more than I can count. It's just that, for the past few weeks, Mrs. Leno has made me miserable. I feel as though I'm back in my own home with a mother who hates me." I sighed.

"Nothing I do is okay for her. She purposefully makes messes because she knows that I have to clean it. She ruined my whole schedule by making me her personal maid, and I clean more now then I did at night. I'm exhausted Catrina, I really, truly am. I feel like I'm being bullied and I don't know why I am."

She had a angry glint in her eyes. "I truly don't know what the hell is wrong with her. But I understand, as much as I want you to stay so you can fully live on your own, I know how tough she is and how rude she can be. Can I please convince you? Anything you need or want? Please let me know."

I shrugged. "All I want is for her to leave me alone. I was much better when she didn't acknowledge me." I said. "Done. She will no longer acknowledge you. I swear to you." She smiled.

"Am I also back to my regular schedule?" I asked her, and she nodded. "Yes you are. I am truly sorry for her actions, I know I shouldn't apologize for her, nor should I make excuses for her because I don't have any, I don't know why she's acting the way she's acting."

I raised an eyebrow. "Do you think she is...racist?" I asked, she laughed. "Oh no, she's definitely not. Trust that." What she mean by that? "She's just a grumpy bitch who needs to stop targeting people." She said, I laughed softly.

But my laugh vanished when Mrs. Leno appeared. "I'm a grumpy bitch?" She asked her wife. Catrina turned her head. "Yes you are. You made my closest friend here, quit." She said, pretending to be angry.