The Cultures and Geography(Actually Beginning)

There are multiple reasons for people to come up with conlangs, as already talked about. But I'll go for the naturalistic type, and maybe it could influence the students with ideas if they were to become creators of nerdy projects, be it video games, non-video games, TV shows, books, movies, projects for streaming services, etc. I have laid down foundations for conlangs that I still need to flesh out.

For a naturalistic conlang, there are several important elements to consider, especially considering the fact that naturalistic languages need to emulate languages of the real world. One important factor would be the people speaking it. What do these people look like? What are their behavioral patterns? Where do they reside? What is their level of technology? How advanced of a civilization are they? How many of them are there?

Well, for this course, one or more of my clique, or all of them, would talk about this with the students, and utilize a demo to give them an idea. They're free to take simpler routes compared to the demo. Anyway, the demo would be inspired by one courtesy of Matthew of the Worldbuilding Corner, who also demonstrates the creation of governments, the types of metals that can be found in a fictional world, etc.

I'm thinking of a world with two adjacent and sort of connected continents, an island continent with an adjacent chain of islands, and an independent island chain. Let's say a metal based on vibranium exists alongside the many Earth metals found in Minecraft, and Redstone also exists, alongside a few other metals, like zinc and tin.

My inspiration is a result of the videos by Mumbo about himself building redstone bunkers, bases, and farms.