Prologue

Sitting a top a hill, Ivlis frowned. The whole world could be seen, its never ending fire and scent of charcoal lingered. The flame bats flew around, sometimes bumping into each other. Morons the lot of 'em. Ivlis sighed, his black, messy hair and its red highlights brushing his face. He turned over and looked at the Flame Castle. It was far, but it's figure could be seen throughout the kingdom. An evil grin soon crossed his face. This was his world now. He could do as he pleased in the Flame World. No one can stop him. No one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steps echoed through a flaming corridor. The fires near the wall danced and swooshed away as a figure passed by. He hurried off to somewhere quiet, somewhere where no one would see. He buried his face in his high collared leather jacket. He wore shades, hiding his beautiful bright flame colored eyes from the world. His hands were buried in the pockets of his jacket.

He walked faster until he arrived at his destination. A portal. Reficul had opened it a few months ago during the invasion, and forgot to close it. Luckily she created it somewhere where no one would notice, but it was fading away and could only be used once. He worriedly smiled, and started to step in it.

"Emalf!" A voice said. It was sweet and sounded childlike. Emalf turned around. A little demon girl stood there. She walked closer to him, her red shoes making light clicks as she walked.

"Poemi......whadd'a ya doing here?" Emalf questioned, stepping out of the portal. Poemi looked down on the floor. "I saw you walking over here." She said, her voice was quiet and high-pitched. It fit her childlike personality and looks, heck it fit her perfectly. She was a child after all.

".....Poemi look-"

"You're gonna leave, aren't you?" She muttered, sounding as if she was at the brink of tears. "You're gonna leave, just like Adauchi, and Poemi's gonna be all alone." Emalf stood, looking down at the young demon. She wouldn't understand. "Yeah....." He replied. Poemi cried more before finally bursting, voice cracking. "I-I don't wanna lose another brother....."

Emalf frowned, and clenched onto his necklace. He missed Adauchi as well. They were very close and always went to karaoke together. That day he left, everyone was devastated. He shook his head, trying to shrug off the thought and kneeled down to Poemi's eye level. "I-I'm sorry. I just......I eff'in love her. Too much for words. I wanna be with her, ya know?" He hesitated to speak, a tinge of sadness in his voice.

Poemi's small sniffles filled the silence in the hall. She turned away from Emalf's view. "Leave then! Leave, leave, leave!" She exclaimed, now frustrated with his actions. Emalf stiffened at Poemi's harsh words. She continued, "Just know that Daddy will be super mad when he finds out, and Poemi wont help you!" Her angry tone soon faded back to soft cries.

"I know he'll be mad! I'll just try, no I will hide from him." Emalf responded, determination flowed through his sentence, but the small spark of fear hit. It was highly, absolutely possible of him being in major trouble. "B-But eff him! He doesn't have to know if you don't tell him." Emalf's stuttered. He looked back at Poemi who was still crying. It's hard to see her cry when she's always so happy. That broken face she gave him shattered him on the inside more. "Poemi, please keep this a secret. Don't tell Ivlis. You'd be doing me a big eff'in favor."

Poemi wiped the tears away, and nodded. "Ok.............Just go!" She yelled "Go before anyone comes!" Emalf hesitated, but quickly did as she said. As Emalf stepped in, he could here someone approaching them. He was engulfed by the void, and the portal slowly disappeared. Poemi stared at where it once was. She tried to act normal as the steps became closer. They finally stopped.

"Poemi," an older voice spoke. Poemi turned, now her cute, happy self. It was Ivlis. His steps left a small trail of tiny fires behind him. Ivlis looked around and stared back down to Poemi. "Have you see Emalf? I need him to do something." He states. He sounded angry, and impatient.

"Sorry, Daddy. I haven't seen him anywhere..." She responded, trying to not sound suspicious. Ivlis stared at her, his bright flame colored eyes, eyes like Emalf's, pierced through her, making her stiffen. Luckily, he soon shrugged and walk away before speaking once more. "Hmm. He's probably still moping about that girl. What a shame. Kids these days can't get over anything." He sighed, the tone in his voice sounded more calm, "Oh well. Poemi come help me with the flame bats. Now that Rieta's gone, theres more work to be done."

"Y-yes, Daddy!" She stuttered, Ivlis walked ahead, and Poemi slowly followed her father. She turned back to where the portal once stood. "Please be happy....." She whispered, and walked away.