37

Chapter 37

After going back from work in the evening and eating dinner, she bathed Yingbao and asked Zhao Donglin to take Heidan to take a bath.

Heidan was a boy. Although he was young, it was not appropriate for Jiahui to bathe him. After all, he was not her biological child. Four years old is not young, and she was still embarrassed, and so was Heidan. So why not give the work to his father? It can be said that she also saved herself from having to do more errands.

Now that it is late November, the climate has started to get colder every day. Most of the farmers do not bathe every day, especially children. Washing once every few days is already considered diligent. Wait until the cold winter months. Many children do not bathe for ten days and a half months or more in the winter.

Dong Jiahui, who transmigrated from the modern age, naturally couldn’t stand this. She takes a bath every day, and aside from that, she also sets some rules for Heidan and Yingbao. They must take a bath once every three days during this season and at least once a week during the winter season.

In order to not bother other people, the bathwater was boiled by Dong Jiahui. Sometimes Zhao Donglin would also help her. Their bathroom was separated from the water room with complete wooden barrels, plastic tents, and fragrant pancakes.

Zheng Yuefen scoffed at Jiahui’s habit of bathing every day, saying that she loved to be pretentious and was catching up with Wang Mei, but Zhang Qiaoer thought nothing of it; there was nothing wrong with loving cleanliness. Bathing only cost some firewood, but the children of the family who walked out cleaner and tidier than the other children were the face of the family.

Did you see the watch on your sister-in-law’s wrist? It’s still new, and I haven’t seen her wear it before, so I don’t know who bought it. “

When Dong Jiahui came back from the warehouse, she took off the watch. It’s inconvenient to wear a watch for work at home. Although it’s not a six-digit and seven-digit watch in later generations, in this era, the watch was already considered a very high-end thing, and it’s also sent by Zhao Donglin. Dong Jiahui cherishes it well.

Zhao Donghe could no longer bear listening to Zheng Yuefen’s chit-chat about these topics all day. Why do you want to compare yourself with other people? Whatever her sister-in-law wears, she will compare it to herself. If her sister-in-law had a watch, she would compare. If mom was good to her sister-in-law, she would compare. Day by day, she wouldn’t stop doing this.

Can you stop thinking about what’s in other people’s bowls all the time? Never mind who bought them, they are all things that my sister-in-law owned. If you envy them, you can buy one yourself. “

Hey, what do you mean? I just said a word. Do you dislike me so much? Even if I would like to buy it, I don’t have the money or ticket. How can I buy it? Don’t you know? We do not have a penny. The annual dividend at the end of the year was given to our mother.

Zheng Yuefen’s voice was getting smaller and smaller. Apparently, she also knows that she should not say those words.

Zhao Donghe glared at her and went out the door unhappily. He started to chop the firewood to relieve his anger.

Dong Jiahui was sitting in front of the window with a kerosene lamp. She was mending the leg of Heidan’s trousers. When she saw Zhao Donghe chopping wood, she said to Zhao Donglin in amusement, “Your brother is chopping wood in the dark.” Wouldn’t he mistake his legs for firewood? “

There was a joke before when eating at night without like and you couldn’t see, someone ate their rice up their nostrils.

Zhao Donglin estimated that his brother and sister-in-law had another quarrel. Originally, he was indifferent, but after he listened to the jokes of his wife, he couldn’t stop the smile at the corners of his mouth.