58

Chapter 58 Part 1

The next day, the three ate buns and drank soy milk. First, they went to the county store and bought two cans of milk powder. When they saw the bulk weighing of the large white rabbit milk candy, they also weighed a pound to take home for the children to try.

“This is milk candy. They don’t sell it at the supply and marketing agency. “

At first, Mei Xiang did not know the price, so Jiahui gave her a piece to taste. She lamented that such a delicious thing was not sold in town. It’s a pity. After she knew the price, she felt bad. Five yuan per kilogram! It was more expensive than meat!

In the era of the planned economy, milk candy was a popular commodity. It was only sold in high-end stores. You also need sugar tickets to buy them. Fortunately, Jiahui had the foresight and brought more than half of all kinds of tickets home before going out. As expected, it came in handy.

“Well, three pieces of milk candy is equivalent to a cup of milk. The children eat two cups a day as a supplement.”

Children in the 21st century like milk; pure milk, yogurt, all kinds of milk tablets, milk sugar, and dairy products. In the 1970s, drinking milk was rare. Not to mention the cost, it can be said that getting a ticket for milk is very rare.

“Sister-in-law, you are so good to the children. You’re so willing to spend money on them.

In the past, others said that having a stepmother was bad. They are wicked-hearted and would not really treat the children well, but since their sister-in-law married, Meixiang changed her established cognition towards stepmothers.

Jiahui wouldn’t beat or scold them. She cares about their food and clothing. Jiahui cares about their education. She gave them complete clothes, shoes, and socks and cleaned up the children. She’s more attentive than other children’s biological mothers.

Just like this milk candy, even my mother will be reluctant to buy it!

“We should be willing to spend the money. We can’t save money for children’s health and education.

For the sake of the child’s health and education, you shouldn’t be stingy about paying for these things.

Although milk candy is not a necessity, it can also be considered as their childhood memory and a sense of life rituals. When they grow up and recall these memories as a child who ate the Great White Rabbit milk candy, their hearts will also feel very sweet.

Because Jiahui is a time traveler, she has a freer and easier concept of money. People at this age want to break up two and a half flowers for a penny. They are not willing to spend money on food or clothing. They have to save everything. It can’t be said that this is wrong. After all, diligence and thrift are fine traditions of Chinese people. The reason Chinese people have so many savings reserves is that they save a little bit. However, after the washing of modern ideas, Jiahui firmly believes that while saving, we should also learn to expand our financial resources. It is useless to rely on saving alone.

Just like a person that has a salary of 30 yuan a month. Even if he doesn’t eat or drink, he can only get 30 yuan a month. But if he knows how to expand his financial resources, even earning 10 yuan is good. In this way, he not only makes more money but also doesn’t have to work so hard.

After buying milk powder to eat, Jiahui pulled a few pieces of cloth. Now it’s December, and soon the New Year will arrive. She has to prepare new clothes for the new year.

There are many kinds of materials in the county. Jiahui bought corduroy fabric, which cannot be bought in the town, but this fabric was more expensive than ordinary fabric. It was double the price of the ordinary fabric.