Making cakes

Cole and Kai spent the whole day talking about things that they had in common. From music to books to even favorite animals! Kai was enjoying himself. He was laughing and having a good time. Kai told him all about royal life. Which wasn't fun. Due to most of his information wing negative. It sounded more like whining. But Cole didn't mind. Kai would also ask Cole to talk about himself. So Kai wasn't the only one talking. 

Cole talked about his favorite things. He made sure not to talk about his past work experiences or anything personal in general. They would agree on things and bond over it and they would disagree on things. When they did, Kai would throw a pillow on Cole as a joke.

 When anyone came in to check on them, Kai would go to his writing area. He would pretend to write a small paragraph. Cole would stand next to him. Not blinking and in a professional position. No one would question what they were doing. It was great.

It made Kai relax a little. Cole was one of the few people that understood him. Everyone else thought of kai as someone to receive orders from. Not Cole. Cole didn't see him as the prince. Nor the future king. Cole saw him as a friend. Someone he could talk to.

They continued to talk a little more before Cole looked out the window. He watched as all the workers that weren't necessary for the night shift leave. All the men and women were chatting as they walked Down the hill of the castle. Kai noticed as Cole was watching everyone leave. He frowned.

"Do you need to leave too Cole?" Kai said sadly

Cole shook his head 

"No. I already discussed this with your father. I will stay here." Cole said

Kai smiled. He was glad that his new friend could stay with him.

"Oh good! That means you can stay with me right?" Kai asked

Cole nodded at Kai with a soft smile on his face.

"Cool so what do we talk about now?" Kai said Eagerly.

"Easy there. It's bedtime for you." Cole said as he tried to get Kai to go to sleep.

Kai was not having any of this "sleep" nonsense.

"I can't sleep now! I'm...hungry. Yeah. And I'm really craving cake. We should go bake a cake right now before I go to bed." Kai said

Cole looked at Kai very confused.

"Cake? Where would you make a cake? The kitchen is closed." Cole said

"I know a way" kai said

"No way Jose. Even if there was a way. You should be getting sleep." Cole said

"But Don't you want cake too? It's your favorite food after all. And Ill teach you how to bake one" Kai teased

Cole sighed. 

"Fine."

Kai cheered softly.

"But where would we go make a cake?" Cole asked.

Kai thought about it. He then snapped his fingers.

"I know a place...But you must promise that you will never tell anyone. No matter the problem. Got it?" Kai said

"I promise?..." Cole said as he raised an eyebrow.

Kai then smiled and held Cole's hand. Kai looked out the exit of his room to see if anyone was there. 

No one.

Kai started speed walking to the next pillar. He continued to walk a bit quicker as he passed. He passed the hallway and made it to the old library area. Cole still didn't understand what Kai was trying to do. He walked with Kai as they made their way to the very back. Where all the old lecterns were.