- 23 -

1502 words

It was about 8am when I finished feeding my chickens so I went to Pierre's to get some ingredients for breakfast.

When I got there I grabbed a few things of oil, flour, and milk. After I checked out I saw Audrey walk in.

"Hey!" I greeted her.

She smiled and said hi back. "What are you doing here?"

"Just getting some ingredients for making meals at home, I'm wasting money eating at the Saloon everyday, what about you?"

"Hm? Oh, breakfast."

I laughed at her vague answer.

"Hey Sam invited us to hang out at his place later, wanna come with?"

"No I don't want to invite myself I'm okay."

"Nah you're part of the group now, you can come over whenever," she shrugged.

I smiled at the statement and agreed to stop by when I was done with chores.

When I got back to my farm I put everything in the fridge and hung out with Toothless for a while.

After chopping down a few scattered tree stumps on the farm a little while later, I brushed my hands off on my jeans and made my way south to Sam's house.

It was about 2pm when I got there and didn't even have to go inside because Sam, Audrey and Sebastian were all sitting in the snow outside. I waved and they waved back.

"Hey Alana!" Audrey said as I walked up.

"Hey! What are you all doing in the snow?"

"Sam wanted to skateboard so he made us come outside," Sebastian said in a sarcastically annoyed voice. "He hasn't even got on the board yet though, I think he's been waiting for you."

At that Sam shot up from the ground. "So anyways! Um, wanna skate Alana? You said you'd give it a try... and stuff." He cleared his throat and shoved his hands in his pockets.

I blushed but noticed the skateboard laying on the snow next to Sam. "Sure, I don't know how though."

"Oh don't worry Sam can teach you," Audrey said with a suggestive tone while excessively winking at me, making Sebastian laugh.

I rolled my eyes and Sam glared at her while he put the skateboard down on the snowless sidewalk.

"So, what do you want to learn first?" he asked me.

"Uhh, I guess how to stand on the board?"

"Oh- right! Okay here," he said as he stood on the board to show me. "You put your less dominant foot facing forward and your dominant one sideways in the back."

"Hey keep it PG over there!" I heard Audrey yell. Sebastian laughed so hard he fell backward into the ground.

I swore I was going to murder her.

Sam just put his face in his hands and got off the board so I could try to stand on it. I could have sworn when he pulled his hands away he was blushing.

I attempted to ignore Audrey's comment and tried to stand on the board. I did as Sam said and wobbled a bit but stood successfully.

"Great! Now you have to push to move." Sam told me.

"Okay... like this?" I asked as I took my right foot off the board and pushed off the ground lightly. I wobbled a bit again but kept my balance.

"Yeah like that but harder."