20

Author's POV

Jisoo hurriedly went inside her cell but couldn't found Jennie inside. Her heart is beating faster in unknown fear.

"Jen! Where are you--"

Jennie comes out of the toilet looking worried.

"Are you okay? Why are you looking worried?" Jisoo asked pulling her closer.

Jennie smiled nervously, "Nothing is wrong chu."

"Don't lie to me." Jisoo said sternly.

Jennie sighed, before cupping her cheeks, "I'm perfectly fine Jisoo. I was thinking about you. I missed you so much." She tried to divert Jisoo's mind.

Jisoo stared at her for some moments before hugging her tightly. She knew something is going on, yet she wants Jennie to speak it without being forced.

"Jen always remember I'm by your side. I'll support you and never gonna leave you. Please don't hesitate to tell me." Jisoo caressed her hair.

Jennie couldn't help but to bite her lip to stop herself from crying. She doesn't want to make Jisoo worry about her. Yet this sudden change of her health is making her scared. Later that day without saying anything to Jisoo, she went to Dr. Yoona.

"Dr. Yoona are you busy?" Jennie asked.

Yoona snapped her head towards the younger girl. She is looking sick. 'The medicine start to work' she thought.

"No of course not. Come in. What's wrong?" Yoona gestured her to sit.

Jennie sit down but hesitated to say anything. Yoona knows exactly what she wants to say.

"I guess you want to tell me something." Yoona said becoming tensed.

"Actually I'm not feeling well. I'm puking all of a sudden but blood is coming out with the foods. I'm really scared." Jennie said looking terrified.

Yoona feels guilty for pushing Jennie towards death. She clenched her fists trying to compose herself.

"Let me examine you. Lay down there."

Jennie lay down on the bed not saying anything. After checking Yoona didn't said anything, instead she make another prescription.

"What is wrong with me Doc?" Jennie asked.

Yoona thought for some moments before going closer to Jennie.

"You should not be scared." She hold Jennie's hand tightly, "you are poisoned."

Jennie's heart drooped. She can't believe in her ears.

"W-what? How can this be possible? Why would someone-- how-- no no you must be mistaken!" Jennie panicked.

Yoona hold both of her shoulder, "It is the truth. It's the initial stages of poisoning. I think I can guess what kind of poison is this. In a few days you are gonna be paralyzed before your brain will fail."

Jennie's eyes welled up in tears. She can't die. Not like this. It's horrible.

"I'm thinking who would do this? It's a prison. No one can have poison if they are not influential. Those who has connection to a lot of outsiders." Yoona said.

"I don't know. I have no idea. I have no such enemies." Jennie shook her head.

"Are you sure? It's not necessary to be an enemy. It can be someone you are close with." Yoona directly pointed towards Jisoo.

Jennie's eyes widen in shock and anger, "What the heck are you talking about!? You can't just blame anyone."

"Calm down. I'm stating the fact. When does this start to happen?" Yoona asked.

"After I was drunk on weekend." Jennie replied.

Yoona fake sighed, "Jisoo came to ask hangover medicine." She take out some medicines, "are these medicines that you took?"

Jennie tried to remember and it's clearly not those medicines. She shook her head no. She starts to feel numb. Then start to check the pack of medicine. It does says that it is for hangover.

"You should be careful. She is still a ruthless blood thirsty criminal. She is a psycho." Yoona's words ring in her head.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Jisoo asked, "Have you two see Jennie?"

Lisa and Rosé shook their heads.

"When we came here to eat, she wasn't present." Rosé replied.

Jisoo frowned, "Where is she right now..?"

"There she is!" Lisa said before waving at Jennie.

Jisoo quickly look at her but Jennie avoided her gaze. She is looking pale. As soon as Jennie sit on the chair, Jisoo did the same as well.

"Where have you been?" She asked.

"To talk to Officer Taeyeon." Jennie said almost coldly without looking at her.

It made all three of them shocked. Jennie never talked to Jisoo in that manner. They ignored it thinking maybe she isn't in her mood.

"Are you not hungry Jen?" Rosé asked.

"I am." Jennie answered shortly.

Jisoo tried to give her porridge but Jennie instantly get up from her seat.

"I'm done eating. I'm already assigned with my work in washing chamber. Talk to you all later." With that Jennie left.

They all left speechless because of her behaviour.

"Did you two had fight?" Lisa asked.

Jisoo stared at Jennie's retreating back without answering. Her heart clenched in pain. 'Something is definitely not okay.' She thought.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Jennie is sitting in the bench outside in the garden until Jisoo came to her. She got a fruit juice for Jennie.

"Here Jen! I got your favourite orange juice." She hold it infront of Jennie.

Jennie looked at it coldly before looking at Jisoo.

"I'm not hungry." She looked away.

Jisoo start to lose her patience. She still tried to ask her nicely.

"Kitten what's wrong? Please tell me." She tried to get close to Jennie.

This time Jennie burst out, "Can't you understand that I don't want to talk to you!? Get out of my sight!"

Jennie pushed past Jisoo which cause the juice splatter in ground. Jisoo stay rooted in her spot. Her heart clenched painfully. Unknowingly tears comes out from her eyes.

_________________________________________

Hey Peps!!!

Do vote and comment!

<3333