19- Toilet conversations

I stand outside the toilet in the dimly lit corridor, pleased to be away from Blue's heavy, hateful stare.

Ledger and I are here for our usual Thursday catch-up, so our visit is not a surprise. He must be having a bad day, though. He's not let up for a second since we arrived, his eyes having burnt into me every second that I've sat with Ledger.

His tone has been even more clipped and surly than usual, and he'd been completely intolerant of Ledger's attempts to lighten the mood.

I cringe just thinking about the coffee cups that read 'Fat cow' and 'Fatter cow' that await me on my return. I remain unsure whether I should feel pleased or offended that my drink was 'Fat cow'.

Do I want to be 'Fatter cow'?

I sigh in resign, wondering when my life was reduced to wondering such questions as 'Fat cow' vs 'Fatter cow'.

I tap my foot absently as I stare at the door to the staff break room which is directly opposite me. There are two tasteful art prints on either side of it, depicting black and white trees in different seasons.

My attention is broken when I hear a familiar voice, usually so composed, but this time impatient and aggressive.

"I don't understand why you're so hostile towards the guy. His tips are single handedly feeding your sorry arse."

I purse my lips, a small frown pinching my brows. It's not like Rex at all.

"Yeah, because he's fucking rich. Why not take advantage?"

That voice I recognise all too well, and a terrible feeling of dread starts to pool in my stomach.

They're probably not talking about me...

"You don't know that." Rex refutes.

"Please, he's an actor. He's fucking loaded. Plus, have you seen the shit he wears?" Blue argues.

I sigh heavily, looking down at the intricate cuffs on my shirt. I touch them gently, biting my lip.

"He's an actor? That's cool, I didn't recognise him."

"He's in the theatre, not Hollywood. He literally plays Marius in Les Mis." Blue says dismissively.

I stiffen, wincing to myself. If I had had any reservations about who they were talking about before, I sure don't now. This is very awkward.

"Oh my god...I didn't recognise him. He's so talented." Rex states, a little in awe and I feel my cheeks heat.

A long silence follows and I begin to fidget. I should go.

"That's not the point. Point is, he's annoying and I don't like him, so why does it matter?"

"What's not to like? He's polite, friendly and a good tipper. The other day he even helped me clear up a mug that someone broke. He's the sweetest, plus he's hot." Rex says.

"Dude, what the fuck?" Blue hisses and I cringe.

"What? Just because I don't swing that way doesn't mean I don't realise. Sam's attractive, you must know that." Rex states.

"You know his name's not Sam, right?" Blue asks, avoiding the question and I cringe even further. If it were possible, I would be part of the wallpaper right now.

"What?"

"His name is Greyson. Grey."

"Wait, really?" Rex asks.

"He didn't want to correct you, so he's been living as Sam for the last two fucking years." Blue says, something akin to dark amusement colouring his tone.