Chapter 8

When we get out of the Devon Corporation, we find Brendan, and he asks, "Hey, guys. How's your Pokédex? Completed any entries yet? Mine pretty much rules. I went on a Pokémon-catching frenzy in Petalburg Woods until I ran out of Poké Balls! Oh, yeah. I passed by Mr. Briney in Petalburg Woods. I bet he was on his way home to his cottage on Route 104. I guess you wouldn't know, since you just moved here and all, but they say that old guy used to be an amazing sailor!"

"We know about that." I say as we bid farewell to Brendan and get to the cottage where he is located. Mr. Briney says, "Hold on, lass! Belay that, Peeko!"

"Mr. Briney!" We call out to him, and he notices us. "Oh, if it ain't Ash and his friends! You're the one who saved my Peeko! Aye, but we owe you for that day!"

"Yeah, and we really need a boat ride to Dewford Town, we heard that you're an amazing sailor and we want to sail with you." Alice says.

"What's that? You want to sail with me? What's this all about, then?" Mr. Briney continues to ask.

"We need to deliver a letter to my Dad Steven Stone in Dewford Island." Luke says.

" A letter bound for Dewford? Certainly, that'd be no problem at all. You've come to the right man! Shall we hoist sail for Dewford at once?"

Then we all take the boat and head over to Dewford Island, on the way, we can see a lot of Wingull flying around the area, and in the end, we arrive at Dewford Town. "Ahoy! We've struck land in Dewford, lad. I suppose you'll be heading ashore to deliver that letter to what's his name or whomever. If you're ever feeling lost and adrift though, try calling in on the island's Pokémon Gym. The Leader, Brawly, surely knows everyone and everything that goes on in his town!"

"Okay." We bid farewell to Mr. Briney and head to the FS Resort. May is the one who is really excited to see the whole resort, and she says, "I can't believe I'm actually here!"

"Yeah, but do we have enough money to book a room here in the first place?" Max asks with a doubting voice.

I say, "Don't worry. FS Resort is actually owned by the RPA Company, and that company's owner is my father."

This causes both May and Max to be surprised, and with our help, we manage to book some rooms. While we put our luggage down in our rooms, we decided to explore the island.

When we find a fisherman, he says, "This is a renowned fishing spot. Are you getting the itch to fish?"

May says, "I've never tried fishing before...but I want to try it out."

"I hear you, and I like what you're saying! I'll give you one of my fishing rods." So I guess in this region, he is the one giving out the Old Rods. And that reminds me, we probably should try fishing out some Pokemon around the area. After fishing for a moment, May manages to fish out an Octillery, but it suctions itself onto Max's head. May tries to use Wurmple to attack, only to hit Max instead and the Octillery is back to the sea. As for Mark, he is much luckier as he manages to fish a Corphish and captures it.

Then we decided to check out the gyms, only to find that the gym was closed because Brawly was not there, so we decided to search for Steven first. When we hear that he's in Granite Cave, we decide to head there. Although we come across Team Rocket, we battle them and both of my Wurmple evolve into Silcoon and Cascoon at the same time.

Silcoon: The Cocoon Pokemon: Bug Type. Evolve from Wurmple in random. Silcoon was thought to endure hunger and not consume anything before its evolution. However, it is now thought that this Pokémon slakes its thirst by drinking rainwater that collects on its silk.