VII: Birth of the first chosen

As Ruby's men and friends got to know each other, Ruby pressed on the detonator, and a resulting boom echoed throughout the cave network, causing her old team and friends to look around nervously whilst her warriors grabbed their weapons. "Sorry gang. Just dealing with all the dust the White Fang had left around." She yelled out to everyone with a unapologetic smile as her men began laughing and her friends and teachers gave her a unimpressed stare.

As Ruby walked across the cavern's railway line towards her friends and troops, she felt vibration's in the line and felt a blood-thirsty smile begin creeping across her face. "We've got company coming!" She yelled up towards her men as she saw the same smile begin spreading across their faces, and saw her friends begin worrying as they watched the war band prepare for war, they knew it would be the White Fang, and they were worried about how brutal the fight would be.

*Meanwhile, on the inbound train*

Adam Taurus was sitting in the drivers cab of the train as it sped away from the makeshift station near the dig-site, they were coming back from digging out of the rubble in the old-tunnel and receiving supplies from inside the city, mostly food, water and medical supplies. 'And from the progress we're making, we'll be able to launch the attack in a few days, a week at most.' Adam thought as he watched the tunnel speed past in a blur. Bane would hold the Mt. Glenn base, he had told Sienna, the official reason for the Mt. Glenn base was that it would become a supply base for the rest of the Valean branch of the Fang.

With a sudden flash, Adam then noticed that the train had stopped moving and he stood up before walking towards the driver. "Driver, why have we stopped?" He asked before noticing that even the driver had frozen solid, "what in the name of the brothers is going on here?" He asked to himself before another bright light flooded the cab and he saw two beings in the cab with him.

"Adam Taurus, son of Menagerie

"Adam Taurus, son of Menagerie. We have a offer for you." The Brother of Light said as Adam could only look at them speechless as The Brother of Darkness continued where his brother had stopped. "Your people in Mountain Glenn are dead, and those that still live are maddened, and have sold their very souls to pure Chaos and destruction."

Those words helped Adam find his voice. "What of Bane? What about my brother in all but blood?" He begged to the two gods before him, and The Bother of Light responded. "Bane is dead, killed by the scion of Chaos, who has offered Remnant to her dark master in exchange for power no one should wield."

"You mentioned an offer, what is it?" Adam asked as the desire for revenge began to slowly take hold of him as The Brother of Darkness began to explain. "We shall each give you a small piece of our power, and in exchange, we want to kill the scion of Chaos. A former daughter of Remnant by the name of Ruby Rose. She is the one who has sold her soul for power and offers every soul on Remnant to her Dark master. Will you accept our offer and become the first of our chosen?"

Adam seemed to look up at the brothers as he thought for a few moments before giving his answer. "I accept your offer, brother gods. Please, give me the power to avenge Bane and those she has killed. Make me your chosen, and I will ensure that your will is spread among the White Fang."

Without a second thought, the two brothers raised one arm each towards Adam and two small orbs of pure power floated away from them and flew into Adam. And as Adam felt the orbs impact against his chest did a bright flash engulf the cabin and Adam's world went black.

"-ir? Sir?" Adam heard from the driver as he opened his eyes and looked up towards them. "What is it?" He asked in his usual, board manner. "You had collapsed on the floor and I was concerned. And your horns, Sir. They've changed." The driver replied with a nervous tone underlying his voice.

As Adam stood up, he immediately saw what the driver meant, his horns HAD changed, one of them looked like it came from The Brother of Light, and the other from Darkness, and each glowed with the light of the Brothers. "Inform everyone to prepare for battle." He said with surprising calmness as the driver could only look on in shock before saluting. "Yes sir. But why?"

"Bane and everyone else at the Mt. Glenn base is dead. And we are going to avenge them in the Brothers name." Adam said with a newfound religious fervour. He would kill this 'Scion of Chaos'. For he had the brothers at his back, and he now knew that his cause was just, and he would bring about a new age of enlightenment for Remnant. As the PROPHET of the Brother Gods.

A.N. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I will see you next time, don't forget to voice your thoughts in the comments.