FOUR - reunited

ASTRID HAD ESCORTED A WEEPING AMY INTO THE RV, AS DALE HAD KINDLY SUGGESTED. she and her sister had taken residence in the caravan. the brunette had suggested a card game to take her mind off of her elder sister.

amy sniffled and nodded her head while astrid shuffled the cards. while they played, the two talked about their lives before the dead came knocking. amy had told astrid that she was a college student, studying sociology and that she and andrea were on a road trip during the outbreak. she had a boyfriend named jasper, whom she met on her course. she didn't know what happened to him, she hoped his death wasn't painful. astrid agreed. she, in turn told the blonde about oliver.

"so, what's your favourite film?" astrid asked, mindlessly shuffling the cards. amy had cheered up now, but there was still a gleam of sadness in her eyes when their conversation grew quiet.

amy pondered for a moment, before coming up with an answer, "ten things i hate about you." a beat, "i'm a sucker for rom-coms" she explained, "and heath ledger ." she added after a moment, giggling slightly, before asking astrid the same question.

astrid hummed, "thats a good one, i'll give you that." she agreed, "i haven't seen many films, but i did like 'se7en'. fucking gross at times though." she answered, fiddling with the two of hearts. she was careful not to bend it though, dale would not be happy. he would most definitely give astrid his signature stare.

"i remember hearing about that one." amy recalled, "i never watched it though, but andrea did." she frowned at the thought of her sister.

"hey-" astrid started to console her best-friend, but was rudely cut off when an excruciatingly noisy alarm echoed through the mountains. the two girls shot up from their seats to go and investigate it. apparently, everyone else had the same idea as they gathered around the entrance to camp.

"is it them? are they back?" amy asked, her sweet voice hopeful.

"i hope so." astrid agreed. glenn had to be okay. he wasn't allowed to die out in the city. she fidgeted with her moon necklace. she glanced over to see her niece stood with sophia and carol, her hair had started to fall out. it would need redoing.

"i'll be dammed." dale muttered, snapping astrid from her thoughts.

"what is it?" rory asked.

"a stolen car is my guess." dale was right, the car pulled up and everyone waited in anticipation to see who the driver was.

when a gleeful glenn emerged from the red car, astrid breathed a sigh of relief. glenn was okay. he had made it back safe and sound.

"holy crap. turn that damn thing off!" dale commanded, worrying about the loud, booming alarm that would alert every walker for miles.

"i don't know how!" glenn replied, waving his arms. then, shane asked glenn to pop the hood while amy interrogated him about her sister.

glenn, who was clearly overwhelmed hopped back into the car and popped the hood. jim stopped the alarm. the quiet was warmly welcomed.

"why isnt she with you? where is she? shes okay?" amy continued her worried string of questions, quickly leaving astrids side to go over to glenn.

"yes! yeah, fine. everybody is." he redacted his first statement, "well, merle not so much." no one was much bothered by the latter statement. but astrid wanted to know exactly what that meant, was he injured or dead, or trapped somewhere?

"are you crazy, driving this wailing bastard up here?" shane scolded the korean, "are you trying to draw every walker for miles?" clearly the news about the oldest dixon brother didn't affect him much. in fact, shane was probably relieved. they didn't get on. merle often referred to him as 'deputy dipshit'. astrid thought it was funny, but shane wasn't amused.