14 •

JUSTICE

JUSTICE

"I can't believe yall had me in there doing hard labor. I'm way too pretty for that" Zoey came into the living room, sighing heavily. The labor she referred to was only shredding cheese for the Baked mac and cheese. Justice's Mother wanted to have a huge Sunday dinner at the house they were renting while they were in Chicago. Between Justice and her mother they both loved to cook. For dinner they've prepared  Oxtails, cabbage, baked mac and cheese, rice and peas and plantains. For Desserts they made Grater cake and Gizzada, both were Justice's favorites.

"You're the laziest seventeen year-old I know" Justice mushed her head before sitting next to her.

"When are the rest of your friends coming? You acting boring right now all in your phone. Matter of fact who you texting?" Zoey popped her head right in front of Justice's screen and smacked her lips when she seen Durk's name as the contact above the message thread. "Should've known"

"They should be here any minute now, and chill out" Justice locked her phone and let it drop to her lap.

"Is Dessire coming?"

Since that night at Justice's apartment Dessire has kind of been distant and would only talk to Justice only if she hit her up first. Justice didn't really pay it any mind because she knew her friend would always have her up and down moods. She really thought it was because Dayvon and Dessi weren't with each other anymore.

"Yeah she said she was coming later" she shrugged and looked up once she heard the doorbell. "Go get the door"

Zoey scrunched her face up "I look like the maid to you or something?"

"Yes, I see you got yo maid outfit on like you always do" She laughed.

"Ha Ha" Zoey sarcastically laughed walked away going to let the guests in.

"Hey boo!" Justice stood up when she seen Dearra enter the living room. The two exchanged a strong hug.

"Damn I hope I get a hug too" Chris scoffed playfully. Justice went up to him giving him a hug as well. "Stop complaining I just seen you yesterday"

"Mhm whatever where should I set this?" Chris held up two bottles of wine. Justice motioned for them to come into the kitchen.

"Yall this is my mom" She looked between her friends and her mother. "Ma this is Chris and Dearra"

Chris smiled "Period Mrs.Zions the waist is snatched" he said as she came from around the kitchen island and pulled them into hugs while laughing. "Please you can call me Jackie or Ma". About twenty-minutes in to meeting Justice's Mom and Dad her friends felt super comfortable already and were making their plates. Hearing the doorbell again Justice parted from the group to go open the door. A smile appearing on her face when she seen Dessi "Hey I was just about to text you again"