Two

(A.N Pretty Baby Bynjamin)

Byn's POV

"I gotta go." I huffed in annoyance as I heard a whine on the other end of the phone. 

I moved around my studio swiftly as I gathered all the things I needed for my next client. Which would be here in ten minutes. But I could barely get done what I needed because I was stuck on this phone call.

"Byn, just keep on the phone while you give the tattoo! I need you!" My best friend Uma groaned so loudly that it caused my ear to ring.

"That's unprofessional."

"Byn, I just--I'm nervous." Uma and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. 

Our pack is one of the wealthiest in the country but that doesn't mean there still isn't poverty. Not saying that our families are poor, no quite the opposite. I'm sure compared to other packs we would be seen as kings. But in this pack...we weren't. Though it never bothered me. 

We 'lower' wolves made our community within the pack and we learned valuable skills to keep us all afloat. My family's skill was tattooing. This was my grandfather's shop and it was the only one in the pack which meant we got all the business and all the money. And we do well for ourselves. 

I grew up in the shop, so much so that I started practicing about the same time I learned to write. I did my first client when I was thirteen, and I started giving myself tattoos when I was sixteen. And now I have my client list of wolves who come in just to see me. I make good money. 

"It's the first day, you need to be here!" Uma yelled again.

Uma and I usually go to school together but I decided last minute to have a client come in before. I knew it wasn't going to take long since it was a small behind-the-ear piece. But that meant I wouldn't be getting to class until about ten minutes before. 

"Just wait in the car then Uma. It's not that big of a deal. You know I work fast." I smirked though I knew she couldn't see.

"Fine. But I better not be late because of you." 

The door to the shop swung open and the bell rang indicating they were there. And early too. Good.

"I'll see you in forty," I said quickly and hung up the phone before she could protest. 

The girl walked in and she had her hair pulled back into a tight bun and offered me a small smile. She looked nervous but that was normal. Which for a long time I found it strange seeing as we are wolves, but ripping someone's throat out and getting hit with a needle are two very different things. 

"Come on over, Chasity." 

She walked over quickly and sat her purse down. She still had yet to say a word, but again that's normal. I slid my gloves on as she lay down. I already had music playing all the popular songs most wolves know in the chance she'll sing along. I began prepping the area, shaving it, then using alcohol to clean it. I then laid the stencil down and I watched as her eyes were shut tightly.

"You nervous?" I asked her and she bit her lip and nodded which caused me to chuckle lightly.

"Is it going to hurt really bad?" She finally asked, breaking the silence.

"Nah, you're a wolf. You'll be just fine." 

*****