She's not around

We went to Bleu Rose Mall to celebrate it and there I found out she really liked pickled and salty foods. I need to remember that. We talked animatedly and we never run out of things to talk about. It was noon when I walk her home. "Bye, see you tonight." I bid goodbye. To my surprise and of course, delight, Minami leans and kissed me in cheek. "Bye" she said sweetly. Ah, she made my day.

Later that night, we were lounging at the table. "Isn't a beer too early, Evergreen?" Minami asks as she put down the bucket of beer for the five of us. "This is just to make our senses reel for the show tonight since we need extra energy because our 'rival' is coming back to Underground." I answered her, while the other chuckle on the 'rival'. Honoo is really a rival but it was a healthy competition since Burn, their lead guitarist and vocals, is a close childhood friend of Yuki. She nodded and came to sit beside me. I put my arms around her and intertwine my fingers on hers. "Honoo Band is one of the best bands here, right?" she commented. "Beside us, yeah, you can put it that way."Masahiro, our drummer, conceded. She just nods simply. "Minami, just a head start- Suzume, their singer have a huge crush on Yatsushiro. The violent kind of crush, we mean."Akihiro, our bass, reminded Minami as well as me. Suzume is a childhood friend of mine and we played together in school before.

We were still engage in talking when I heard Suzume's loud voice, calling my name. "Hello" I greeted briefly. Suzume take in our pose and she raises her eyebrow on Minami. "Oh, hello Suzume, Minami is Yatsushiro's girlfriend now, just so you know." Yuri who came to pass by does the honor on informing Suzume. "What are you talking about?" she glared at Minami now. "Suzume, meet Minami, she's the new and beautiful bartender of Underground now." I smiled and drew Minami closer. Minami pinched my thigh. "Yatsushiro, it was not nice to make her feel jealous or whatever." She whispered. I saw Suzume jaw's drop when Minami lean in to me and whispered. It was priceless. I always make sure that Suzume got the fact that I only see her as a friend but she seems or at not to get it. "Hello, I'm Minami Kaminari, please have a seat, brother gave me this errand." Minami was still kind to Suzume as she went back to the counter and grabs a folder. Ah, the contract, of course, bands here need to sign contracts. "Representative of Honoo Band...?" she clarified and hand the folder to Suzume but I saw Burn- he was really called that way, enter the bar. "Hey, I'm the RP!" he called. Minami turned around and smiled swiftly before handling the folder to Burn. "Yatsushiro, get prepared to hand down the number one spot." The bastard grinned. "Sure, when hell freezes over." I answered sourly. "Wow, so ill-tempered" he noted while laughing. "When you're around, yes, I'm so ill-tempered." I shot back then we end up smiling knowingly and shoving each other good-naturedly.

Then I heard Suzume letting her sardonic tongue flow on my girlfriend, "So what do you have that make Yatsu like you?" she asked venomously. "Why don't you ask him?" Minami shot coldly and left. She really has a strong personality, I like that a lot.

It was a bit later when I decided to go and follow Minami- that's when I heard her talking to Yuri. "Min, aren't you jealous?" Yuri asked, completely concerned. "I mustn't think of her as a rival, I am not his fan girl anymore. Remember, Yatsushiro is my boyfriend now." I saw her wink. I almost laugh out loud. Does it mean she likes me even before I liked her? I left the two then, talking about how great that the two of them are not the jealous-type.

By morning, after the huge success of Honoo's comeback, I went to pick up Minami in the bar. She was pale and wiping the counter very slow. I also noticed her a while ago that she seems kind of off and very soft speaking. She has been like that for days, though it was not consistent, she was looking kind of off every now and then. I was getting worried. I drew close and put a hand on her waist, she lean her whole body to me. "Let's go?" I asked. "You look-"

"I'm fine." She interrupted me and kissed me in cheek. I nodded and pulled the bandana. She playfully swung her hair right in my face. I guess she was alright.

The next evening was strange; Ikki told me that Minami will not be around today. "What's the problem?" I asked. "She said that you don't need to worry, don't try to visit her in our house and she is not angry with you- I honestly don't know why being absent for a day will make you think the 'I hate you, go away' angle. Nevermind, and she said... ugh, she loves you. Oh really, she persuaded me to say 'I' but it was downright disgusting because I feel like I was really the one saying it" that was the longest speech I heard Ikki told me and it was peculiar! He was like nervous and off and everything not him. What's happening around here?

I was dreaming.

I know I am but it was a real kind of dream, it seems so real. I saw a man in a green scrub suit and I don't why but I am following him. First, I was mildly walking but all of a sudden I break off in a sprint and I can't still reach him. Then, I was alone in my room- still sleeping but I saw him at the door. "...love her" the man said and...

I fall off my seat. Oh man, I was still in Underground! I thought I was home. I was about to leave when Yuki called me. "Yatsu, where do you think you're going? We are about to start!" he shouted. Oh man, that sleep made me disoriented. I went back and splash my face with ice cold water. "There's a letter for you by the way but read it later, we are the first act." Akihiro hand me a lavender paper. It reminds me of Minami.

We were the first and last act and I was damn exhausted by everything that happened. Suzume also dragged me for a duet. When I remember the letter, I just finished showering.

Dear Yatsushiro,

I love you <3! Did my brother tell you what I ask him to? I have faith in him so I really think he did. I'll be gone for a few days, okay? Do not let brother know about this, he'll be jealous of this letter. I know you would worry but please don't, I'll be fine, promise. When I get back, you should be in Underground, okay? I love you and I know you would I understand.

Minami Kaminari

It blew me away because I remember my dream, it was stupid for me but why do I think it has connection?

"So where's your so-called girlfriend, Yatsu?" Suzume asked. It's been eight days and my mood is getting sour on every day that passed. Where could she possibly go? Ikki is not going to Underground and that ticks me off more. "She's not my so-called girlfriend because she really is, alright?" I demanded. "I wish she won't come back" I heard her say and stood up harshly and glowered at her closely. "Shut up or I will forget that I never hit girls." I was so close in my limit; she is so irritating my ears bled whenever she spoke. Yuki and Burn put a hand on me and when I look back on Suzume, she was already crying. Yuri just pushes her away from me. "I don't want to be mean to you too but you should learn to watch your words because we are not always tolerant of your ramblings." She said and Suzume run away. I slumped back on the chair. "Bro, I know you didn't mean what you said but you must promise not to do that again." Yuki said. "Sure, just keep her away from me." I calmed down a little. Burn put a hand on my shoulder before following Suzume.

It was the 22nd of the month, not the normal 22nd because today is our anniversary.

And she's still not around.