It's fast approaching

A/N: I do have any medical background for this to be very accurate. I did my best to make it as believable as possible. Please understand :)

We were on my place and the hot pot is on its way. I pull her in an embrace at the bed. I rejoiced inwardly as I get to lay my head on her shoulder and smell her signature scent. She turned slightly at me. "You lost weight." She noted. "You too, but still captivating." I said and kissed her cheek. "You will take your pain medications regularly again, okay? You need energy with me." I said and she nodded, leaning her back on me securely.

After eating, we went outside to watch people on the streets. "Would you like it if I call you 'honey', Yatsushiro?" she said randomly. If she was talking nonsense like this I know she was feeling well. "I prefer 'babe', actually." I answered lightly and put my arms around her. Her breath fractured and after that she just collapsed. Was it too late?

She was white as sheets and she was so light she almost weighs like a child. I phoned Ikki then, pain killers won't help anymore.

When she woke up, she assessed the surroundings and glared at me. "Sorry but its better if you take your rest here. Just rest, babe, I promise there will be no therapy" I said and hold her hand. Her face softens and smiled at me. "If you cheat on me, I could hate you for this, honey." She whispered. "If Min is not lying there I would smash your head with each other, your endearments are just gross!" Ikki muttered and Minami chuckles. "Shut up. For all I know you call Misako, 'love'" she shot back and Ikki looked away. Misako is Ikki's considerate girlfriend for unknown period of time because we seldom see her.

The three of us are eating apples when Azumi came rushing inside. I looked at Minami's pained expression. "Min..." she muttered but to my surprise and truthfully, fright, Minami pulled me for cover. Geez, I don't like to meddle in this matter especially I loathe her mother because I know she's awful! "I don't want to see her." Minami said sternly. "You, Kaname, plant hateful lies on her that's why she won't see me!" hah! The witch still manages to shot it back to me. "Mama, stop it! You did it yourself! You deprived me from what I really want for months! You are forcing me to take medications even if I don't want to because you think that's the best thing a mother should do! A good mother acknowledges her child's desire, you didn't. Since Papa died, you have never been a good mother to us anymore. You stayed in Tokyo and left us here! So stop acting like you still have any firm right to us when you removed it yourself already!" Minami snapped and run away. Azumi will about to follow but Ikki put a strong hand on her. "Stop this mama. Yatsu, Min will crumble alone, please follow her." Ikki said and I feel a gush of emotion as I heard Ikki say 'please'. I ran after her.

Minami really run fast, she was already at the hospital's garden even though we were on second floor. She was sobbing loudly and gripping tightly at the light post. "Minami, you shouldn't run away." I lightly scolded her. She almost falls on the ground as she put her arms on her stomach and her breathing jagged, I carry her up. "Y-Y-Yatsushiro... I can't breathe." She said as tears falls. I didn't go back to her room; I went straight to the emergency room.

Dr. Takano came rushing on the emergency room. Before, I find it overacting when actors in TV was so bent on going on emergency room even if they know it's not possible but now I am forcing my way in the two male nurses need to pull me away and calm me down. Thinking of the possibility that she may not be alive when the doctor came back was unbearable that you want to go in to make sure she can be saved.

It feels like a century waiting there. Ikki, together with Yuri and Yuki that Ikki called were waiting with me as we wait. When Dr. Takano showed up, every one of us tensed.