I'm Sorry

It was eight in the morning, I should have been showering in the house now but I was still hoping dumbly. I even bought 3 purple balloons for her. When I heard clicking of heels, I thought it was the lady guard in the morning but when I look- it was her. All glorious in white dress and black heels, with hair flowing nicely on her shoulders, the outfit we once saw in a boutique and told her nonchalantly to wear something like it on our anniversary. She did, plus she was here!

One second, I was just gaping and the next I am hugging her tight. I miss her so much; it has been two full weeks without her. "I miss you." I whispered. She looked at me sternly, teary, actually and put a hand on my cheek. "Don't I get an 'I miss you too'?" I asked lightly. She just kissed me in the cheek. "I made this..." she whispered and put in my wrist a handmade bracelet. It was amusing because I also did one, mine was ugly though. I also put it in her anyway. "We really find that cute, right?" I noted. We also saw a matching bracelet in a store. Again, she just kissed me in cheeks. "Hey, you have a lot of kisses already" I joked. She didn't smile; instead, she kissed me again! "Is there something wrong?" I'm not stupid not to realize. "Can you hug me?" she asked. I did, I hugged her nice and tight, the way I always do. After that, she hand me a folder.

"I didn't know how to tell you... that's why I took long. I'm sorry Yatsushiro... but I'm sick..." she said, already crying generously.

Gastric Cancer, a cancer I never heard of.

She was holding my arms when I broke off and run away...

            This day should have been a day so special- in romantic way but she really chose this day to break this off. It was the 22nd of the month, our anniversary and I came to know Minami have cancer.