Mom

I came to Underground the next day and carry on with my life. I called her of course and we went to our normal routine. I didn't bring her anywhere for weekends anymore and when I want to do something; I asked her first like what I will be doing if we were just a normal couple, the weekend getaways with her are always compulsory in her part, I didn't admit it to myself before but I am doing that when the reality is threatening to sink on me. I spend quality time in Underground too, the normal time-in and time-out for me. Minami was always smiling at me now and even if it was damn hard for me to act like this, I persevered. The unusual thing left is me spending time in her room before going to work. If she was not... sick, I will not be allowed to do this.

As a boyfriend, I always bring flowers to my girlfriends. Everyone in Underground knows this and Minami always blush whenever I arrived at her home with a single rose or a bouquet of roses. It was priceless. I never do this to her before so I know I am really not myself, I am so focused on making quality time with her even if we can be happy by just being a normal couple. With this, she doesn't often remember that her life is timed.

"I have a question" Yuri said one time. Minami is visiting again. "What is it?" I said and eat strawberries that Minami served me. "Do you like strawberries?" Minami asked. "Do you?" I asked back and she nodded. "I actually don't, it was sour and it had seed-like texture" I confided. "I like it so you must too" she said and smiled mischievously. I look at her and was about to kiss her when Yuki threw us a strawberry. "Yuri has a question. Serve your sweetness later" he said and we laughed. "How come we call Min, Min and we call Yatsu, Yatsu but the two of you address each other in full name?" she asked. I looked at Minami and put an arm on her backrest. "That's the answer, already. We are not calling each other that way because everyone does. Couples must have specific endearments, right?" Minami answered and I approved that. I liked her name the way it is. "Should I call you Yukinoji now?" Yuri turned to Yuki and he shook his head. "I remember my mom whenever my full name is called." He said warily. "We don't want that, right?" Yuri laughed. Minami giggles and lean on the chair. I put my arm around her. When she intertwines her fingers to mine, I know that it's time to go home. She was not feeling well. "We should be going and continue our sweetness alone." I mocked and pulled Minami up. She was turning pink. "You're taking that seriously." I chuckled and accompany her out. She pinched my nose, embarrassed.

We were like that for days, carefree and happy until Minami didn't go to Underground anymore and she was just staying home.

"Hello, are you okay? I didn't go here earlier because we are practicing a new line-up." I said as I enter her room. She was sitting in her bed, her feet dangling on the edge. "You didn't call and you didn't visit." I complained and sit beside her. "It hurts." She said and put a hand on her stomach. I kissed her temples and lean her head on my shoulder. We were playing with our hands when Ikki enter the room with a loud 'Boo!' I jumped and scoot far from Minami. Minami was holding her chest and breathing heavily. "You frighten us, brother!" she complained. Ikki sat between us. "I am not the owner of Underground, okay? I am just a humble owner of a t-shirt printing business. You hear that, Yatsu?" he said venomously. "What?" I asked. Is 'Underground' busted for its illegal dealings?

"Mama is coming? Yatsushiro, our mother is very strict to brother. She doesn't want him to have a bar as a business and moreover, if she finds out about the illegal dealings in Underground. I'm pretty sure she will kill brother." Minami explained as we sat together again. "Should I be afraid of her?" I pondered. "A bit" she admitted. Oh hell... "What 'a bit', you must be Satan just to match her evil nature!" Ikki said in a silly tone. I chuckled, so our boss is afraid of his mother?