Forget this

That evening, when I entered the bar, I saw Minami and Yuri talking. "You're going to forfeit your resignation, right?" Yuri hoped obviously. "I'm sorry, best but I'm just here to get some of my things." she answered sadly. Yuri sighed then and waved at me. "Hello." I greeted and hugged her from behind. "Hi, you're late." She noted with a smile. I just squared my shoulders and lean my elbows on the countertop. She looked normal tonight. Burn arrived also and put an arm around Minami. "Hello beautiful girlfriend of that bastard, how are you?" he asked and Minami chuckles. I laughed sarcastically and tap his arm around her with the drum stick I found beside me. Burn laughed and raises his hand in surrender. "Everyone, I'll have my last round of drinks!" Minami announced and went on the opposite side of the counter. "Are you feeling so good you can do that?" I checked at her. "Yes sir, I feel awesome tonight." She winked at me as she tosses bottles.

I am sitting on our usual table with Evergreen and Yuri when Suzume paraded in front of me her revealing clothes. I laughed out loud. Nice try, I am never attracted to girls who show their panties at me. "Hey everyone, it's done!" Minami called and all of the staff cheers in delight. I drink the cocktail and smiled, she was really good at this. "What are you smiling there, mister?" she asked behind me. I looked up and she lean close. She just kissed me briefly, I snaked my hand on her neck and deepen the kiss. "Stop it, you two! You are getting gross!" Yuki complained but they never saw a thing because Minami's hair covers our whole face. "You never saw a thing so you have no right to complain and besides-" I said and smiled mischievously. Yuki and Yuri blushed deeply and interrupted me.

"Everyone, thank you very much for everything we've shared in my four years here. It was just pure fun. I'll miss you guys, take care!" Minami said as we leave. Everyone waved goodbye. "You two are lucky for each other." Burn said as he opens the door for us. I shake hands with him.

We were in her room again and we are lying on our back on the floor, Minami wants to do it. "It's ten months, Yatsushiro. I only have ten months left." She whispered. I turn on my stomach and keep my face hidden. I don't want her to see how I reacted to that. She put her arm around me. "I want to spend it with you..." she said and I nodded. "You know I want to also." I choked out. "Please face me" she pleaded and leans her head on mine. I turn around and she hugged me completely.

We were eating snack while watching some drama and there I found out what to do next weekend. I often bring her somewhere on weekends. We went picnicking in the park, we watched three movies in the theater all in one day that our butt hurts, we played in arcade for a whole straight day that our sight is circling when we finally decided to go home, I brought her to the rose garden in the next town I visited when I was young, we fly kites, we ride bicycles, I taught her to play guitar and she sucks on it, and I even brought her to fishing. But what we both liked and often turn into when I don't have any plan for that weekend is watching TV in her house. I know she was always tired after our trips but I make sure that she rest a lot on weekdays and besides, she said she prefers to do something than being a couch potato.

"Hey, do you like to learn how to drive?" I asked as we watched the two main lead plays on the vintage car. She turned to me and smiled. "I was about to ask you but I don't think I like motorcycles." She confided. "I wasn't really betting on my motorcycle, I'll bring my old truck. I used to drive that as I finished college." I said and she smiled vibrantly.

She really sucked on driving. We went to a rural town someplace north of Japan because cars are seldom there. "For the nth time, control the gas, you are killing both of us!" I shouted and she frantically screams back at me. "I can't, alright? I panicked and kicked the gas!" she argued and hit the brakes hard because a ball crosses the road. We both slammed forward, Minami hitting the steering wheel slightly. When we look up, the mother of the child keep of bowing down on us. I bow down as well and she left. "Are you okay?" I asked and laughed to see Minami's forehead reddish. "You are a mean boyfriend. Your girlfriend is hurt and you just laughed?" she shot at me and laughed harder. "I wouldn't laugh if my girlfriend is not shouting at me minutes ago and if she is listening to my instructions." I countered but lean close to her and kissed her forehead. She hugged me abruptly that I was thrown back to my seat. "I don't want to learn to drive anymore" she whispered and I chuckle. "She finally surrenders" I muttered.

We parked someplace facing the sea. I was beginning to appreciate I like oceans and any kinds of it. We were slouching at the back of my truck. "Do you still want to learn how to drive?" I teased and she shook her head vehemently. "You're here to drive me anywhere, that's enough." She said sweetly. "Keep saying that and I might get carried away" I said and pinned her down. She was laughing endlessly. "Yatsushiro," she called softly, "I want you not to remember this." My head spun in her direction. "What do you mean?" I asked exasperated. "These are the timed ones. I want you to remember the timeless moments we had. I especially want you to remember me when we just first met, when you don't least expect to get this involved and complicated. Promise me, please?" she looked at me straight in the eye. I can't do that, I honestly can't forget these moments. We were so happy and normal.

"That will only assure me that you will be fine after... this."

"I will not lie to you... I can't promise it."

"You don't have to promise now but you will have to... when the time finally comes. I want you to be happy."

"I am happy"

"You are making this hard, Yatsushiro..."

"You are making this hard. I have to remember all of this because this is all we have."

We looked at each other, no one shedding a tear. "If you hold on to all of our memories, you will not move on, you will be forever tied with me. I don't want you to do that." she said soft yet firm. "I want to be forever tied with you." I mean it, I honestly mean it. "Nonsense, you will move on and carry on with your life! You will find a girl and marry her and make children! You will forget me and you will go on with your life! You will not die alone and thinking of somebody that is already dead!" she screamed and hopped down the truck. "How can you say that?" I muttered, my insides feeling tight and heavy. "I am saying this because I don't want you to be miserable. I don't want you to waste your life because of me. I want you to move on. It's the best, Yatsushiro. It's the best." I hopped down the truck as well and searched her eyes. "Don't ask me to forget you because I never will." I said icily. "I am not asking you to forget me. I am asking you to accept what was happening to me. I'm dying... it's time for us to accept it. I am feeling it Yatsushiro... its fast approaching and I cannot go on knowing you still cannot accept this." Her words struck me hard- like always. She still reads me precisely. "How can I accept this when the girl I only, truly loved will be gone forever? We're only 23, we've only been together for merely 3 years... there's a lot to take in. There's a lot to give." I insisted weakly. She shook her head and gathers me in her arms. "I love you and I know that you will come to terms with this." She whispered with conviction. I am not looking forward to that because I know that that is the end... I kissed her hair and everything else that I love.