Chapter 9: Juggling Time

"Phew!"

Mikazuki piled up his students quiz sheets on his desk after grading them. Reine absented, so he must do the grading himself.

Nothing unusual happened this morning other than being uncomfortable around Kurumi. He witnessed her killing spree yesterday, and there's no way he could confront her just yet.

He looked around the teacher's lounge and noticed there's only a few teachers left in the room since school day is over. Most of them already went home while the rest stayed for extracurricular lesson.

"Well then, let's head home."

He put back his tools back into his suitcase and kept the quiz sheets into his desk drawer.  He then left his desk and headed toward after giving his goodbyes to his fellow teachers. However, as soon as he exited the room, the air and ground turned dark purple and made him weak.

He fell on his knee and dropped his suit as he struggling to get up. He looked up to the hallway and to his horror, the students that still remained in the school fell unconscious.

Ba-dum

On top of the school rooftop, Kurumi is found standing in her crimson frilly gothic dress. She has covered the school ground with some kind of barrier.

Ba-dum

"Tokisaki-san.."

Mikazuki's eyes shone red along with a mark on his face before he transformed into Dark Roc.

He sprinted his way through the hallway, only to be pulled into Bullton's portal that suddenly appeared in front of him

-Ω-

The portal appeared again in a dense forest, and Roc jumped out from it. The portal closed immediately behind him as soon as he turned around.

"You've come, Dark Roc."

Roc turned his attention around and found Juggler with his trusted Jashin blade rested on his shoulder.

"What do you want, Seijin?" Roc demanded with a distorted tone.

"Isn't it obvious? I wanna help a fellow dark being." Juggler shrugged.

"Don't joke around. If you wanna help, then we won't be here."

"Hidoi... I've been rooting for you ever since you appeared." He held his chest as if his heart broke. "Moi... let's wrap this up."

The alien immediately swung his sword and launched a deep red crescent energy slash toward Roc. The giant rolled away from the attack, and the energy slash cut a tree behind him. Roc looked back and dreaded to see the tree tumbled down with a nice clean cut.