Chapter 12

Ishaan's POV

We have been studying for the past two hours. I am tired right now, but look at her. She looks so cute while studying. Her hair is falling on her face, and her cute little button-type nose is scrunched in confusion. She is chewing the back of her pen. I wish I were that pen... Oh, no, this is not right. Focus on studying, Ishaan. I cursed myself for thinking about her like that.

"I'm tired, Ishaan. Let's take a break. Why don't you teach me guitar now, pretty please!!"

"Okay, good idea. Even I am tired. Come sit here.

She sat beside me.

"Look, hold it like this and the chords with one hand and strings with the other like this" I showed her how to play the chords.

"Okay"

She tried, but she messed up

"Ahh, I can't do it!!!" she said annoyingly.

"Wait.. wait, I'll show you" I hold her hand and started playing guitar.

Vidhi's POV

He was teaching me how to play the guitar, but I messed up horribly. However, the second time, he held my hand and showed me how to play the chords. When he touched my hands, I felt an electric shock all over my body. The butterflies were erupting in my stomach. This was the first time I was so close to someone; our bodies were literally touching. Then, he looked at me, and we were staring at each other intensely. It was like we were in our own world. But our moment was disturbed by Aunty, who called us downstairs to eat.

"Ishaan, Vidhi, come downstairs for snacks. I have made pasta for both of you!"

We were snapped out of our trance.

"Yeah Mom, coming"

We both were blushing. My face was probably looking like a red tomato.

"Let's go" he said without making eye contact.

"Hmm"

We both reached downstairs and sat in the dining.

"Wow, it's so delicious Aunty!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, mom it's delicious"

"Thankyou"

After eating the pasta, I left for my home.

"Welcome, sweetie.What took you so long?"

"Mom, we were studying for tomorrow's test. I didn't see the time. Sorry for being late"

"No problem, do you want to eat something?"

"No, mom. Aunty made my favorite pasta. I ate a lot. I am full now. I am just going to bed. Good night" I hugged her.

"Okay, good night, sweetie" she hugged me back and kissed my forehead.

When I lay on my bed, I recalled our little sweet moment, which is going to live rent-free in my mind.

1 week later

Today Ishaan didn't come to college. I was worried about him the whole day
because he never takes a holiday. He is always punctual and comes everyday. What happened suddenly? Maybe I should check up on him. After college, I moved towards my house.

"Hi sweetie, how's your day today?"

"It was okay" I said smiling faintly.

"Okay... did something happen? Why do you look so sad?"

"Today, Ishaan didn't come to college"

"Oh, that's why you are sad"

"Yes, mom. He never takes a leave. I think I should go to his house"

"Okay, sweetie but first eat something"

"No, mom. I'm not hungry. I'm going. Bye"

"Bye sweetie"