Chapter 8

A knock sounded on my door at eight in the morning. I was awake, but not awake enough to go into a gym. What was I thinking when I agreed to go? I had been very receptive the night before. The alcohol had softened me for a while, but that morning I felt tense again.

- It's too early - I grumbled when I ran into Kazuha. She looked incredibly sexy in baggy low-waisted shorts and sneakers, but even that wasn't enough to dispel my laziness. She held the door when I got back into bed and slid under the comforter.

Kazuha pulled the blanket off me.

- What the hell are you doing?

- Get up and cheer up, princess.

- I don't want to get up.

- You'll feel better once we've done that.

I raised an eyebrow, and she smiled.

- Ah. I think I've corrupted you. Who's the pervert now?

- A pervert is someone who has wrong or unacceptable sexual behavior. - I repeated the definition she had given me when we were discussing the fact that I wouldn't admit to masturbating.

She laughed. But she also picked me up off the bed and took me to the bathroom.

- Did you see the size of the hamburger you ate yesterday? I need to go to the gym, and you're coming with me.

I frowned.

- Are you calling me fat?

- Not at all. I'm saying that I like looking at your shapely ass and I'm selfish. I want it to stay that way.

I rolled my eyes, but went into the bathroom and took a shower. When I came out, Kazuha was lying on the bed, both hands behind her head as she watched a European soccer match.

- Do you miss playing? - I asked. It was a stupid question. I regretted it the moment the words left my mouth.

- I do.

- Is there any way back? I don't mean playing, but maybe coaching, leading a team or something?

- I've thought about it.

- And?

- I didn't finish my studies. I joined the professional team in my second year at university. Most universities and even high schools want coaches to be trained. It sets an example for the students.

- Then go back to school.

- I guess. That would keep me busy for a couple of years.

I walked over to my suitcase and pulled out a gym top and lycra leggings in the same color.

- I'm almost ready, I just need to change.

Inside the bathroom, I tied up my hair and put on my gym clothes. I shouted to Kazuha through the bathroom door as I brushed my teeth.

- What are we going to do? I like yoga.

- Yoga isn't really working out. I usually train with weights and run on the treadmill for forty-five minutes.

- Right. Maybe the gym has both and we can each do what we like. - I opened the bathroom door and stepped out, ready to go.

- Are you going to wear this to the gym?

I looked down. My belly was showing, but I didn't think it looked too suggestive or strange.

- What's the problem?

- Nothing. - She turned off the TV and held my hand on the way to the door. - I think I'm going to do yoga today too.

We really pushed ourselves at the gym. She did a yoga class with me and then we ran side by side on the treadmills for half an hour. We were starving when we finished. The day before, we had talked about staying another night, and I brought it up on the way to breakfast.