27: Badtimes

Next chapter...

I feel sorry for every character involved already

Apparently no one cares that I saved the entirety of hermitcrap by distracting s***fan so Scar could shoot fire at him until he turned good. Or the fact Scar stole my entire brand by using fire and potential murder to solve his problems. And didn't even credit me for it. So, understandably, I'm upset. And take it out the way true Helsmits do.

Temper tantrum.

'Fire is MY THING!' I whine to El as he breaks down the Skulk box he refused to let me burn. 'Why are you only letting SCAR use fire?!'

'Because his fire actually HELPED! Your fire is for the sake of fire!'

'This is BULLS***!'

'It's COMMON SENSE!'

'It's FIRE! It's SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!'

'Since when was FIRE supposed to be FUN?!'

'ALWAYS!'

'AND WHAT ABOUT IMPULSE?!'

Me and El stop at another yell. Skizz, up in the s*** tower.

'...CUB... ALL HE'S BEEN THROUGH!'

...And Scar.

Ok, I need to see this.

I break into a sprint, into the tower, up to the top. El is behind me, yelling to slow down, think about doing boring stuff instead of actually enjoying myself. Scar and Skizz are there, furious, facing each other. Cub is asleep (or dead) on the bed, looking far less cool than he did when he was covered in skulk and trying to kill us.

'FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!' I start chanting. A yank behind, El pulling me back.

'Oh F*** OFF BADTIMES!'

OH MY GOODNESS.

SCAR JUST SWORE.

My entire reality breaks.

Goody-Two-Shoes-With-Scar SWORE.

'Scar...' I finally regain use of words, breaking free of El, stepping closer. 'I know you hate me, but I need to tell you I'm so, so proud of you.' I hug him. Scar shoves me away. I hit the ground, glaring at him.

'I SAID GO AWAY!'

'I WAS COMPLIMENTING YOU ON F***ING SWEARING AND LETTING OUT YOUR F***ING EMOTIONS!'

'This isn't important right now!' Skizz steps between us. Scar's anger flares further. El forces me back to my feet. 'We need to rescue Impulse before nightfall or they'll KILL HIM!'

'I KNOW!'

'Then why aren't you accepting my ideas?!'

'Because your ideas are all 'sacrifice Cub' this and 'traumatise your best friend further' that!'

'Oh, here we go again... 'Cub's more important than everyone else!' 'It doesn't matter that Impulse is trapped by skulk too!''

'I NEVER said that! I'm just arguing that if we give up Cub, EVERYTHING I've done will be for NOTHING!'

'And IMPULSE?!'

'COME ON SCAR! COME ON SKIZZ! THROW SOME PUNCHES!' I holler from the side. 'KICK SOME A**! SET EACH OTHER ON FIRE!'

'BADTIMES, SHUT UP!' El yells back.

'We're getting back Impulse, Homey.' Skizz spits. 'Whatever it takes.'