Chapter Five

"𝐆ozaimasu, fighting Frogs

"𝐆ozaimasu, fighting Frogs." Greeted Astrid, opening up the morning announcements, "Here's your daily drought reminder: only flush for number two. Austin Ames was crowned prince of the homecoming dance. Woo, big shocker there. Didn't see that one coming." She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "But the real mystery, though, is who was his princess?"

Just outside, happened to be the said princess, strolling along the busy walkway that led into the school, with Carter. "How long are you grounded for?" Y/n inquired, softly.

"Well, how long is forever?" He sighed, before peering at her. "So, you're not gonna tell Austin?" He asked.

She rolled her eyes, "Come on, Carter. It's not like he'll be pining for me. Trust me, he's forgotten all about Cinderella by now." She said, as they climbed up the stairs and entered the school before her eyes grew big at all the yellow papers stuck in the main hall that detailed her.

" She said, as they climbed up the stairs and entered the school before her eyes grew big at all the yellow papers stuck in the main hall that detailed her

She let out a gasp, she and Carter frozen in front of the door as they looked at all the papers. Y/n stepped forward; her mouth wide open as Carter scoffed. "Yeah, he's obviously forgotten all about you." He murmured, making her look at him.

She turned around with amusement, not believing Austin would do all this, just for her. 

~

Tearing down a blue piece of paper that hung up on the school walls, Austin stuck another yellow flyer about Y/n in its place.

"Dude, why are you going through all this trouble for one chick?" David asked him, as Ryan pulled out another flyer from the stack of papers he was currently holding for Austin.

"Look, she's not Just some chick, aight?" He said, taking the next flyer from Ryan, as they started walking down the hall again. "She was.. real." He looked up from staring at the flyer.

"Real?" Ryan asked, mockingly, and looked at David. "Like, she still had her old nose." He sneered.

"No, real." Austin said, and stopped, turning around to the teenage boys. "A girl who has more on her mind than what she wears.. or how much weight she wants to lose." He explained, before cheekily adding, "She listens to me." quietly.