Kourtney

Kourtney pulled up to the chapel with the sun barely peaking over the nearby trees. She grabbed her coffee and her makeup bag and her bridesmaid's dress, yawning the whole time. As she made her way inside she ran into someone she wasn't expecting, at least not this early: Jet. It had been a few years since the last time they'd seen each other, at the launch party of her designer label. She remembered he and his band had been touring and serendipitously had been in the area so he was able to attend. This was different though. This was the first time they were alone since the breakup.

"Hey Kourt," Jet greeted her with a half smirk.

"Hi Jet, it's been awhile," Kourtney greeted back with her own smile.

"It has," Jet awkwardly said and suddenly Kourtney was seeing Jet as he was back in high school, the shy nervous boy who could barely form a coherent sentence around her, and her smile widens a little more. "You look amazing," Jet complimented finding his voice.

"Tell me something I don't know," Kourtney confidently replied. "You look good too, it's good to see you Jet, really." Kourtney then realizes something, "wait why are you here this early?"

"Oh well, I'm a scout," Jet explains to a Kourtney who is still perplexed, "Basically I got sent ahead to make sure Gina was situated in her Bridal Suite so the groomsmen could bring Ricky in with no risk of them running into each other."

"Ohh, that makes sense. Well I'm actually headed to the Bridal Suite now since I'm doing Gina's and all the Bridesmaids' makeup and hair, if you'd like to tag along," Kourtney offers.

"That'd be great thanks," Jet says as he starts following Kourtney, "wait, aren't you a Bridesmaid too?"

"I prefer to think of myself as the backup Maid of Honor, but yes," Kourtney jokes, "Currently though I am laser focused on being the makeup artist because this is truly a test of my artistic ability."

"How do you mean?" Jet asks.

"Well of course making Gina gorgeous is the easy part, she's naturally gorgeous, but I need to elevate said natural gorgeousness to a level that makes her feel especially beautiful today," Kourtney explains, "but there's this thing with Ricky where the more beautiful Gina looks the more he loses the ability to speak. So I also have to make sure she looks like a goddess descended from the heavens while still making sure he's coherent enough to utter at least the words 'I do.' It's a tough balancing act."

"Wow, that's a lot," Jet says a little stunned.

Kourtney nods as they arrive at the bridal suite and enters, "Hey everyone!" Kourtney exclaims as she's greeted by screams from her friends. Gina and Ashlyn run up and pull her into a hug, nearly spilling her coffee in the process.

The mixture of laughter and screaming is interrupted by Jet who, with a hand covering his eyes, asks, "Is everyone decent?"

The girls giggle at the response. They're all in very comfortable clothes at the moment. Gina is wearing her favorite set of pajamas and a pink robe, Ashlyn is in sweatpants and a sweater, and Kourtney is wearing a tracksuit from her designer line. Even Emmy, who is in the corner with a clipboard, is wearing an extra long T-shirt and gym shorts.

"Jet did you think we'd be changing? The wedding isn't for hours," Gina points out.

"Well I don't know," Jet says exasperated, "so I can put my hand down? We're good?"

"Yes," Kourtney, Ashlyn, and Gina all say at the same time. As Jet puts down the hand covering his eyes, Kourtney notices Emmy move behind a nearby armchair to hide herself a bit.

"Okay cool," Jet says now that he can see, "So Gina, Ricky and the rest of the groomsmen will be here in about five minutes. We'll send someone to let you know when he's here so we can coordinate our movements so you two don't see each other before 'The First Look.'"