ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜 - 𝔼𝕤𝕔𝕒𝕡𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝕐𝕠𝕜𝕖

____

____

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ, ɪ'ʟʟ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ

ᴀɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ, ɪ'ʟʟ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏ

ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ

ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴀᴡᴀʏ"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"What kind of budget are these people working with??"

The six mobians, now exhausted from battle, stand triumphantly on top of a pile of broken robots, breathing heavily, arms resting on their weapons, eyes darting around in search of their next victim. The atmosphere is tense and filled with anticipation of another attack, or the sound of footsteps echoing in the distance.

All of the people are still primarily unharmed. One of them, Sonic, is smiling triumphantly, others frowning and looking down, deep in thought. One, (Y/N), seemed to be in a mix of emotions, her expressions neutral yet focused on her task.

The cow's eyes scan the area, her expression slowly dropping as more concern washes into her face. She faces the group, ignoring their current conversation, and addresses them as a whole. "A-Are you sure you guys are prepared to get the prism? I... I mean... we could attack them a different way-"

"No, this is the only way. We have to do this." Rebel interrupts her and climbs down the stack of dead and destroyed robots.

(Y/N) nods hesitantly before following the others to the exit. She runs next to Renegade with a worried expression on her face, which doesn't go unnoticed by the echidna. He looks her way, not slowing his speed. "What's up with you?"

"I'm worried... There's no way the Chaos Council will allow us to get by so easily."

"You're worried about what the Council has up their sleeve?"

She nods, the worried look on her face growing by the second as a pit of doubt begins to form in her stomach. Renegade stays silent for a moment. He gently places a hand on her shoulder and gives it a soft and sympathetic squeeze. (Y/N) turned to look at him, trying her best to hide her surprise after seeing how empathetic his face looked.

"I get it. I really do. I remember the day we lost Green Hills, the day we lost her, but that's why I keep fighting." He takes his hand off her shoulder. "I'll keep punching through whatever they throw at us, and I think you should too."